It's over.........sadly.

Austinville

Iowa Husky Camp is over and it was with heavy hearts we said good-bye to our friends....

Stephanie, Jacob, Stormie, Carl and sweet little "Bear" - you made us all happy at how close your family is....and how strong (and hilarious) Stephanie is.

Nanci and Jeff, Andy and Jackson - Rynnie is already missing the heart-throbs of her life! The four of you brightened our weekend!

Brian, Cliff, Sid and Bella - Our photographers and their pack. So happy to finally get to meet you. Sid was our gentleman of the camp. Never a complaint or bad RRRROOOOO out of him. Bella - Rynnie will be missing her best friend for some time. She's still tuckered out from all that playing!

Mazz and Sally, Eisa and Zoya - What would have we done without you? Sally makes the BEST cheesecake ever- thank you! Eisa, you are a lovely girl who reminds me so much of my Bo both in the way you carry yourself and your personality as well as your looks. So very adorable. Zoya, our escape artist and husky with a sense of humor! Thank you all for coming and making camp special.

Gigi and Tux - Thanks for helping plan. Can't wait until next year!

To Sarah and Marc - Thanks for challenging us to the first US camp, for the support and for giving us such an amazing opportunity to meet with our husky friends and their huskies. WOW! What a wonderful weekend.

Our visitors - Myron, LaVonne, Sierra and Syrus. Thank you for joining us! I, for one, was amazed to find that Rynnie's sister is actually smaller than she is; Joe and granddaughter - For visiting and finding out about huskies. I hope the information you received from both Gigi and I help in making a decision about owning one.

To the printer of the t-shirts - sorry your building burned down last night....any chance we can get those replacement shirts?

To all of you - thanks for making camp the very best. I hope I haven't forgotten anyone. If I have, I apologize........I'm still reeling with emotion. Thanks everyone for taking part in walks, campfires, the candle ceremony, for voting for our awards and for having a sense of humor and playing games with your huskies before you took off.

We made $210 on our auction with proceeds to be used to get a member to the UK camp in April.:lovecamp:

Iowa Camp is already scheduled for next year....the weekend after Labor Day. Start your planning now!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

aw, shame it has to come to an end! Sounds like you all had a ball!

I hope this encourages more members to think about organising a little camp & making the effort to attend, it really is fun, even if you only start with 3 or 4 members turning up, the bug soon spreads!

Look forward to the pics & vids :up:

I will say, that Becky, without a doubt, was the catalyst that made the weekend so much fun. Sally, I, and the girls had a great time and we are all tired. I was, however, most impressed by Stephanie and her four amazing kids. No way could I drive with four kids and two dogs, all the way across Wisconsin and a third of the way across Iowa, and arrive intact.

Hope everyone gets home safe.

Where the pics??? :) You can count me in for next year! I can't wait!

I think all of them (so far, anyway!) have been put into this thread... Not sure if anyone else will start a separate thread, or not, as they get posting pics...

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/threads/iowa-camp-begins.29135/

Becky did an amazing job throughout - planning, coordinating, and all through the weekend keeping everything going and on track...

:duh:I came to camp wondering if my boys were normal and if we were really "good" husky - owners! I left knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that huskies love other huskies, they correct each other so their humans really don't have do too much, other husky owners are more awesome than I could have ever imagined, and that friendships that form online really do come to fruition once you meet in person. It's been proven before, and again this weekend!:wow2: Thank you all for planning, and planning, and planning, and most of all for attending.:bananalama: My boys slept all the way home without a peep and barely a pee stop, and they've been sacked out for the last 2 hours. Even Jack is not asking for dinner!! :jawdrop: Andy had ice cream for breakfast and McDonald's for lunch.:jawdrop: Good thing his stomach is lined with steel. He will be one hungry husky as we get back into the swing of things. Here's to hoping that more HO's USA decide to join us next year! Love and hugs and huskie kisses to all!!!:doglick: Pictures and video soon...right now it's time to shower and crash!:clap:

Oh I'm so tired today. Good thing I took the day off. Zoya and Eisa are also tired, but they take every day off.

I have loads of questions after looking at the pictures in the other thread but this one came to mind first:

I see other campers <??> in the backgrounds of some of the pictures - what was their reaction to this crowd of nuts and huskies??

Most didn't seem bothered too much - the vet tech (also our friend) from our vet's clinic was in the spot nearest Becky's on our row, didn't see much of the people at the two "behind" her camper, although lights were on. We did try to keep the noise down as much as possible early and late, but had a few grumpy moments from the group across the aisle - don't know how noisy/quiet they were on Saturday night, but they were pretty loud on Friday night when I was trying to go to sleep, so I didn't feel too badly about it!

:jawdrop:

I have loads of questions after looking at the pictures in the other thread but this one came to mind first:

I see other campers <??> in the backgrounds of some of the pictures - what was their reaction to this crowd of nuts and huskies??

Al, make sure the questions come in the form of a reply on the other site with the photos, and tag someone so you get an answer!:jawdrop:

Here's video of the Allison Grocery store fire. The shop where our shirts were printed stands to the left of the fire - haven't called him yet, but i suspect our replacement shirts (for errors made on the order) are history..........

@Andy - yours was one of them...........will get you one as I can. So very sorry..........

http://www.kwwl.com/story/15435368/early-morning-fire-damages-allison-grocery-store

Here's video of the Allison Grocery store fire. The shop where our shirts were printed stands to the left of the fire - haven't called him yet, but i suspect our replacement shirts (for errors made on the order) are history..........

@Andy - yours was one of them...........will get you one as I can. So very sorry..........

http://www.kwwl.com/story/15435368/early-morning-fire-damages-allison-grocery-store

I do hope that they can be salvaged - without smelling of smoke, obviously!

Most didn't seem bothered too much - the vet tech (also our friend) from our vet's clinic was in the spot nearest Becky's on our row, didn't see much of the people at the two "behind" her camper, although lights were on. We did try to keep the noise down as much as possible early and late, but had a few grumpy moments from the group across the aisle - don't know how noisy/quiet they were on Saturday night, but they were pretty loud on Friday night when I was trying to go to sleep, so I didn't feel too badly about it!

*L* The group across the way was annoyed on Sunday Morning...but they were also up late drinking/being loud on Saturday night so I'm sure Fox's morning rawwwwwwwr here I am world didn't help their heads any...They at least had the sense to not send their chew toy dogs over to us to play...unlike the chew toy that wandered over on a walk...when the fubabies were all RAWR snacks! NEAT! and the owners just watched without getting out of their chairs or calling their chew toy back to them...