natahsa keeps peeing on peoples beds and on the couch

karaelizabeth

My 9 month old male is doing similar things, he's not aloud upstairs thankfully but he does cock his leg up my sofa (thankfully is leather so easy to clean) and a few other places round the house. I know why he's doing it (marking) I just don't know how to stop it :'(

♥εїÃ· H εїÃ·â™¥

You might find that she is marking her territory..........Ron

What I was gonna say. :)

She's marking over YOUR scent, and the bed is the strongest collection of your smell.

females dont mark teritory by peeing. Shes most likely over excited. One of my mums dogs got out of were we keep her and got onto the bed she was really happy she got out etc as soon as she seen my bro coming to pick her up she peed a bit on it.

Its not a teritorial thing just over excited and she knows shes probably not allowed on it as well

if she jumps on to the bed and blatenly does a full on pee then you need to take her out of the house when she is doing it and get her to finish off there. she will eventually get the picture that she pees outside

females dont mark teritory by peeing. Shes most likely over excited. One of my mums dogs got out of were we keep her and got onto the bed she was really happy she got out etc as soon as she seen my bro coming to pick her up she peed a bit on it.

Its not a teritorial thing just over excited and she knows shes probably not allowed on it as well

if she jumps on to the bed and blatenly does a full on pee then you need to take her out of the house when she is doing it and get her to finish off there. she will eventually get the picture that she pees outside

Oh yes they do! Particularly unspayed bitches do it!

Is she possibly coming into season? That could be part of the problem, as they tend to mark more when coming into season, or about 2 months after having been in season - about the time they would have had puppies. I would keep her away from the bedrooms when you aren't supervising, and restrict her freedom a little, making her earn it back.

Oh yes they do! Particularly unspayed bitches do it!

Is she possibly coming into season? That could be part of the problem, as they tend to mark more when coming into season, or about 2 months after having been in season - about the time they would have had puppies. I would keep her away from the bedrooms when you aren't supervising, and restrict her freedom a little, making her earn it back.

You beat me to that one! Females definitely will mark territory! Even when Misty's (who is neutered, btw) taken a good healthy leak, she'll still mark territory where the coyotes have been the night before!

You beat me to that one! Females definitely will mark territory! Even when Misty's (who is neutered, btw) taken a good healthy leak, she'll still mark territory where the coyotes have been the night before!

Same here Nanook has been fixed and she is marking when we go walking and hiking. She will do her big pee and then she just mark over dogs or coyote ....... i thought at first it was weird she is a female dog but nope, she definitly mark her territory. Never in the house, or in the car though:)

shes is spayed and not excited when she pees on the beds . We never catch her in the act so we cant punish her or tell her no. My family members kept telling me that tasha was peeing on there beds but i didnt believe them and blamed it on our older dog who is twelve but i was the most recent victim i left tosh in my room for about a minute and i came back layed in my bed and there was pee on it. Also why do u think she would be marking over my scent i think shes clear on who the alphas are in the house should i try to reastablish that?