Chosing your dogs name

Sarah

How did you choose your pets name?

For me, I spent hours serching through web sites until I found one that clicked, I wanted to call Kimba Stormchaser but Marc didn't like it - eventually, we both agreed on Kimba - it's gotta be easier picking a childs name than a dogs name lol

So how di you pick yours?

Well with Isis - we wanted something short and then one of the kids said Isis (god knows where that came from) and she came trotting over to them - so it kind of stuck. However I do find myself shortening it even and more and calling her Ice - which she also reacts to!

I have no idea how Zoya became Zoya. My wife figured it out. All I know is, Zoya is a Russian name, to coincide with being of Siberian (Husky) heritage.

You will all probably think I am crazy, but with our boxer (Parker), my kids wanted to know him pokemon names and so I just spilled out the name Parker. With Boomer and Bree (Boomer is our Husky, and Bree is a Great Pryenees mix), my husband had bought me this necklace for Valentines 2008 that came with these scottie dogs that are kissing and their names are Boomer and Bree. So, that is how I named the other two.

PS sorry I haven't been on in a while, training two pups, keepign the house up and having 4 kids while hubby is deployed is hard and means I don't have as much time I would want.

Thanks!

We wanted a Russian name and mum had it narrowed down to Micha (pronounced Misha) or Zhivago. I refused to call out Zhivago at the park, so we named him Micha, and his pedigree name is Huskytrail Micha Zhivago. In hindsight I would have rather had it be Huskytrail Dr Zhivago, dammit! Lol :)

Cherry is named so because when mum first saw her, as a pup, her ears were a Cherry red.

And I had a huge list of names when I got our beagle, not all of which were as naff as Daisy, but when Daisy's breeder sent through her five week old photos I just knew she had to be mine and her name had to be Daisy.

The next husky I get I will probably continue the Russian theme, I like strong male names. Although, I really want a tri coloured male beagle, and his name will be Burt - pedigree name will be something like *Prefix* Dwn at Sesame St, hehe.

for diefunbaker we asked for suggestions on face book, cause we were stuck, as soon as we saw diefunbaker we knew it was the one, taz was named by my daughter as soon as she saw him, he did sort of look like taz out of the cartoons lol, he knocked her over, and with kotori i wanted a name with meaning , and screaching owl spirit really did suit her, plus we shorten it down to tori , a fav author of mine