How to walk huskies on bike

2huskys

When I used to bike with my dogs, I'd start with one at a time on leash beside the bike, so that I had better control and could keep the dog where I wanted them. I would start by walking beside the bike so they could get bumped (gently!) by the front tire a time or two at a slow speed, and teach them to not get in front of /in the way of the tires, but move alongside the bike. I also work on teaching them off-bike to walk ahead of me, keeping the lead (or a line attached to a sledding harness eventually) tight, and teaching directional cues - gee/haw (right and left in the US), line out, let's go! Whoa is also sometimes useful, but is harder to enforce without a brake! Once they are used to the bike and running with it, and have some idea of what the commands mean, you can use a sledding line and harnesses and chance running both at the same time in front of your bike.

Yep Strictly one at a time :up: