So Sad,So Awful.....Poor Dogs....

basketcase687

Has anyone else noticed how many people are crossing huskies with other breeds of dogs these days??.I was looking at a couple of adverts on Preloved,and saw in one day-husky cross labrador,husky cross collie,husky cross dalmatian and husky cross staffs,to name but a few.The result of these crosses are a creation of the strangest looking, misformed mongrels,not one thing or another.They usually look unlike any particular breed,and if they are lucky,they might have one or two blue eyes.:(

I cannot understand why anyone would want to do this,especially crossing huskies with staffys,as this seems particularly common,and they are such different dogs.I find it quite sickening and it makes me mad.:mad:It is not as if these pups are even worth much,:duh:so they sell them quite cheaply.I so often want to reply to the ads and have a go at the owners.:rant:I suppose some could be accidental matings??:shithappens:To me this is the lowest form of irresponsible breeding .Just wondered if anyone else feels like this?:banghead:

I know what you mean, I had a quick look on pre-loved today (don't know why because it generally depresses me). There are loads of husky crosses and with a staffy I agree it is bizarre. There was also a wanted ad on there apparently posted from a 10 year old girl stating that her dog has died and her father has promised her a husky for her birthday, I mean :wtf:

I'm sure some of the breedings are accidental as a result of owners who can't contain their husky properly. Thats usually what it is around here.

On the flip side some people (mushers in particular) cross sibes and alaskans with other breeds to develope a better sled dog.

Irresponsible breeding seems to have gone up with the bad economy. People are taking their pet and breeding it with another dog to sell the pups and make a few bucks. All over my town there are signs for puppies for sale on the road or at the grocery store. Makes me sad. :(

I'm sure some of the breedings are accidental as a result of owners who can't contain their husky properly. Thats usually what it is around here.

On the flip side some people (mushers in particular) cross sibes and alaskans with other breeds to develope a better sled dog.

Irresponsible breeding seems to have gone up with the bad economy. People are taking their pet and breeding it with another dog to sell the pups and make a few bucks. All over my town there are signs for puppies for sale on the road or at the grocery store. Makes me sad. :(

Yes,I agree.I can understand some sled dog crosses,but because the staffy and husky are the ''in'' breeds at the mo,I think some of these matings are probably deliberate.I just hate the very thought of it.:mad:Makes me shudder.

I know what you mean, I had a quick look on pre-loved today (don't know why because it generally depresses me). There are loads of husky crosses and with a staffy I agree it is bizarre. There was also a wanted ad on there apparently posted from a 10 year old girl stating that her dog has died and her father has promised her a husky for her birthday, I mean :wtf:

Yeah ,Preloved IS depressing.You see so many beautiful huskies needing homes,it's also kind of addictive,cos you don't want to look,but you do.:cry1:

I'm glad I'm not the only one then.:arghh:Don't think it should be just the dogs that should be neutered...!!

Amen to that!!! To the best of my knowledge, we seem to be more fortunate over here. I haven't (yet) heard of people using Siberians crossed purposefully with other breeds, other than Alaskans in the US.

Amen to that!!! To the best of my knowledge, we seem to be more fortunate over here. I haven't (yet) heard of people using Siberians crossed purposefully with other breeds, other than Alaskans in the US.

Then you are indeed fortunate.You don't want to see the pics of some of these cross bred pups,they are so ugly,poor things.:cry1:Some have ears that are half up,half down,and others have smooth coats,that are brindle in patches.So mixed up,its horrible.People might well be experimenting.Disgusting.:mad:

Then you are indeed fortunate.You don't want to see the pics of some of these cross bred pups,they are so ugly,poor things.:cry1:Some have ears that are half up,half down,and others have smooth coats,that are brindle in patches.So mixed up,its horrible.People might well be experimenting.Disgusting.:mad:

Oh, I'm sure that they are - seeing what will 'sell' the best!