Greetings from Michigan!

NewSibeMom

Hello everyone,

As my name implies, I (will soon be) a new Husky mom!

Come September 24th, I will pick up my new little boy (name to-be-determined).

He is a handsome copper/white, potentially wooly coat. I do not intend on breeding him, I simply wanted the perfect pet, and I think he will fit like a charm :)

I hope to fit in here and ask questions from time to time. I should mention, I am NOT new to dogs, simply new to the breed.

Thanks so much!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No, not terribly big - I've had puppies that would have been around that size at that age, so it seems about right to me, although my pups have usually been fairly good sized, and have grown to be closer to the top of the Siberian Standard (which is up to 22" for females and 23.5" for males - around 50 lbs/60-65lbs).

Thanks so much, I can't wait to pick him up.

He was lively and vibrant but much more people oriented than his brothers and sister. He was also the most calm out of the litter. I picked him up, he gave my cheek a little kiss, put his head on my shoulder in my hair, took a deep sigh and fell asleep...I can already see it now, I'm Puppy Whipped :owned:

Welcome to the best (most addictive!) Husky forum you're going to find. That's a cute little guy you're going to have there - love that second picture where he's coming across like he's got an attitude - at , what, 5 weeks! :)

If you head over to the member map http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/memberMap/ you'll find that you have company up there - and, while you're at it, how about pinning yourself, please. For us old fogies, it helps to be able to check out the map so we can remember where people are.

Welcome to the Pack. What an adorable little guy. Take lots of pics as he grows, and it you have any questions along the way, don't hesitate to ask.

Welcome to the BEST Husky forum in the WORLD !!!!!

sooooo. . .you "Wanted the PERFECT Pet"

and you chose. . . .

A HUSKY ????

Mwahahahahahahahahahaha. . .

boy are you in for a surprise. . . . :doglaugh:

ahem. . .

sorry. . . .

:doglaugh:

Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome :)

Andy, I used to train workingline (DDR/Czech) GSD bitches for Personal Protection, Obedience and Tracking (Schutzhund), and did decoy work on a local club field a few times, I'm pretty sure if I can wear a bite suit, be tackled, bitten and growled at by several VERY peeved off German Shepherds, I'm confident I can handle working a husky without being chewed to smitherenes :D

I'm so excited about my new little guy, I'm thinking Blaze, Nitro, Ember, Ares, Jax and Duke for potential names. I'm always open to name suggestions as well :)

Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome :)

be tackled, bitten and growled at by several VERY peeved off German Shepherds,

Oooooh, yeah I got one of those too :up:

Echo, our white GSD rescue.

LOL ask anyone on the forum who has been to a meet we've taken her to. :jawdrop:

I was just kidding, Huskies are a fantastic pooch to have, they just have a few "peculiarities"

that most other dogs don't. Sounds like you're prepared for the long haul though.

keep us posted :)

Hahaha, yeah, GSDs are amazing, I just can't have them where I moved to because of the 'Dangerous Dog List' BS and all...frankly, I think Chihuahua and most other small breeds should be on that list, because they bite more than a GSD does, but the GSD is big, it does more damage when it DOES bite so yeah, the GSD is given the bad rap :arghh: while evil Chihuahua (sorry Chihuahua owners) and similar breeds get away with being little jerks... :banghead:

I am actually in the process of making my boy his own website so my trucker boyfriend can follow him with pictures and a blog while he's over the road 3-4 weeks at a time, so he'll miss him growing up :cry1:

Thanks Rosemary :)

I'm not POSITIVE he's going to be a wooly, though he was SO much more fluffy than his brothers and sisters, he almost looked like a little Malamute. But I'll love him, wooly or stock coat :)

I have NEVER had such a hard time naming a puppy, ever...I have a million and one GSD names picked out at random but NONE of them fit this little guy, because I'm used to land-shark puppies (German Shepherd Puppies) not huskies, and he's such a lover, so I dunno, guess we'll see when I pick him up? :huskyfall:

*sigh* sorry, not 'Mazz' that was directed to 'Andy'...it's 10pm here, and I'm winding down for the night :oops:

Oh don't apologize, that takes all the fun out of it!! And some of us have no memory for names (or much of anything else) anyway!!

And picking up on your search for names Ember is good, but I'd like Amber (color) even better. Ares is good too. We've already discussed it and decided that Duke just doesn't fit a Husky, so throw that one out. I think that we have only one Blaze, ATM (BingBlaze'n'Skyla)

And like you, it's getting to be time to call it a night! g'night y'all!