Love my Husky!!!

Brooklyn

This is a Brooklyn update.

At first I was a little overwhelmed because huskies are such an active breed. But O.M.G. I am in love with this dog. So smart. Scary smart, actually. My husband is on a submarine, and Brooklyn has been amazing company for me. He is so sweet! I had a migraine one day and was laying on the couch with a bag of frozen peas over my head. He laid against the side of the couch ALL day with me. (As aside, he also stole the bag of peas and I woke up to a billion peas everywhere....but nonetheless, :)) I am so thankful to have such an amazing furbaby.

You know, he escaped the other day. I accidentally passed out on the couch for about 2 hours while he was in the backyard. Apparently, he took himself for a little walksies. I woke up to him have a full blown meltdown because he was stuck in the neighbors' yard and couldn't get back into my yard. Needless to say, I assumed he had just popped into their yard for a bit. Oh No. As I have walked him the past week, I have gotten the FULL story. He went all over the neighborhoods, into peoples' garages, on their porches, down the streets, met their kids, etc. When I have walked him, I have on 3 separate occasions heard, "Is that your dog?! We met him loose in our yard a couple days ago!" or some variation of that. "Your dog was in mah garage and knocked over mah trashcan the other day!!!" "Hey, mom! The werewolf is out again!" (No kidding!) I was suspicious he had walked quite a distance because after I got him out of the neighbors' yard, he slept ALL day. But you know what makes me so happy? I blindly panicked when he wasn't in the yard when I woke up - I moronically threw myself over the fence to save him with without a leash or anything. (But I managed to pull myself together to get back over the fence, and grab the keys to my neighbors' house and the leash.) I am SO proud of him for coming home. I cuddled him all day and that very day I decided he was the best dog in the world.:D

Wow, I would have a heart attack if I went outside and mine were gone, so I can just imagine how you must have felt. You are very lucky he came back, there have been so many horror stories lately.

I am glad he has been such good company for you while your husband is away - they are THE BEST :)