Adoption Home Visit

Boondog

Excited for this weekend.

I have an individual from SHCGB coming to inspect the house on Sunday, to see ifit's fit for purpose, so that we can adopt?

Hoping it all goes well; the dog we were hoping to get has gone, but now we will see who they match with us. we have no preference in terms of M/F or age, but quite excited.

How have others experiences been and hasanyone ever failed an inspection?

Kind Regards

Boondog

Picture is of my Pippa -today as i write this; do you think she knows?

post-5270-13585989914065_thumb.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Storm & Angels Mum ; you're scarying me now..

Have they visited you?

yes they did way back when we were first interested in having a Husky. Bear in mind we had never had one, had only read up on them and didnt have this forum.

Didnt even tell us if we had failed, just never bothered contacting us again. Nice eh?

Thanks to them shortly after we got Stormy. x

Good luck, I'm sure you won't need it as you seem to me to be a very caring husky owner to me and you look like you have one spoilt, happy and contented furbaby. Anyone coming to visit will easily be able to see this. You wouldn't be on here as much as you are if you weren't. :huskyrocks:Things have a way of working themselves out so don't worry you have nothing to prove, you're a good husky owner. Louise wouldn't have her Storm if the home visitor had followed up on the home visit. If they didn't bother to contact her then more fools them because she really cares about her pack and I bet she'd kill anyone who tried to get her to part with Storm or Angel. Anyways my Bo is really glad Louise got Storm as he loves to husky box with his new mate.

Good luck, I'm sure you won't need it as you seem to me to be a very caring husky owner to me and you look like you have one spoilt, happy and contented furbaby. Anyone coming to visit will easily be able to see this. You wouldn't be on here as much as you are if you weren't. :huskyrocks:Things have a way of working themselves out so don't worry you have nothing to prove, you're a good husky owner. Louise wouldn't have her Storm if the home visitor had followed up on the home visit. If they didn't bother to contact her then more fools them because she really cares about her pack and I bet she'd kill anyone who tried to get her to part with Storm or Angel. Anyways my Bo is really glad Louise got Storm as he loves to husky box with his new mate.

absolutely, at the time we didnt have experience behind us and you do Paul so im sure you will be fine. And yes I wouldnt have Stormy and I cant live without him now. x

Hey Folks,

Thanks for all your messages of support.

We had the visit yesterday; and we are waiting now to hear whether we have been approved. We cannot even call how we have done; albeit they were really impressed with Pippa's temprament we could have failed on the height of our fencing. Our fencing is just over 5 feet. and whilst pippa has never attempted to escpae over the fence, they explained that rescue dogs have a tendancy to go over the top per-say. and being just over 5foot is not good.

They brought their beauitful 4 children and a Alpha dog - Mika, all of which were lovely and they tested there alpha against pips perosnality and again they were impressed; she was really soft and showed she's submissive.

"they'll let us know"

Tme will tell now.

Kind Regards

Boondog