Gentle Leader Easy Walk harness

Kech

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive used a canny but my boy didnt seem to like it

am going to try a similar harness called the 'walk your dog with love harness' when i get paid n can afford it

The easy walk harness is the exact same thing. May give it a try since Macy ate through the Halti within 10 minutes of first use......... Not sure if a husky can be trained with a conventional collar since pulling is in their blood.

The easy walk harness is the exact same thing. May give it a try since Macy ate through the Halti within 10 minutes of first use......... Not sure if a husky can be trained with a conventional collar since pulling is in their blood.

Can someone please explain how their dogs have eaten the halti - honestly can't imagine how Nel could?

Also, you can train a husky on a normal collar, there are a few members on here that have done so, it's just easier when using training aids :P

Can someone please explain how their dogs have eaten the halti - honestly can't imagine how Nel could?

Also, you can train a husky on a normal collar, there are a few members on here that have done so, it's just easier when using training aids :P

I have no idea either. Everything was snug when I placed it on her. Before I new it she had chewed right through it. Can't explain any more than that....

skyla wears a semi-slip collar - n doesnt pull - then again she never really has - blaze isnt too bad but he has his moments

I have no idea either. Everything was snug when I placed it on her. Before I new it she had chewed right through it. Can't explain any more than that....

Willow had a halti and when she rub it along the ground she could slip it of . Where the canny collar or gentle leader are fix around the neck like a collar so if they slip the bit around the nose off you still have them attached to the lead. If thats any help.

Any thoughts as to the effectiveness of this harness? Will this provide me with more control over the pulling issue while walking or is it just a waste of good money???

We have them for 3 out of our 4 huskies and have used them daily for over a year now.In my opinion,they are good,they can still pull with them,but not as much as with a harness that attaches at the back.Saying that,ours can pull pretty hard with normal leads if they really want to!:rolleyes:

Any thoughts as to the effectiveness of this harness? Will this provide me with more control over the pulling issue while walking or is it just a waste of good money???

I much prefer the "Walk Your Dog With Love" harness which is 100% money back guaranteed that you will be satisfied. I have one, and I love it.

Stacey xxx

Willow had a halti and when she rub it along the ground she could slip it of . Where the canny collar or gentle leader are fix around the neck like a collar so if they slip the bit around the nose off you still have them attached to the lead. If thats any help.

Nel has only slipped hers off once when I hadn't tightened it properly but it has got a clip connecting it to her lead so didn't loose connection with her luckily. Am thinking of getting a canny though as so many people keep saying they are better than the halti

I much prefer the "Walk Your Dog With Love" harness which is 100% money back guaranteed that you will be satisfied. I have one, and I love it.

Stacey xxx

Stacey, I looked at both yours and the easy walk harness and they look the same. I guess it's a matter of preference....

Stacey, I looked at both yours and the easy walk harness and they look the same. I guess it's a matter of preference....

Essentially, the design is intended for the same purpose.

However, the Walk your dog with love harness, doesn't tighten at the front when they pull like the easy walk harness does, so the part you lead from is kept at the same length. I don't know the full details about the easy walk harness, but I know that the walk your dog with love harness is 100% money back guaranteed if it doesn't work and I have one myself, so I know it's effective.

Go with which ever one suits you.

Stacey xxx

Essentially, the design is intended for the same purpose.

However, the Walk your dog with love harness, doesn't tighten at the front when they pull like the easy walk harness does, so the part you lead from is kept at the same length. I don't know the full details about the easy walk harness, but I know that the walk your dog with love harness is 100% money back guaranteed if it doesn't work and I have one myself, so I know it's effective.

Go with which ever one suits you.

Stacey xxx

I'll look into both the "walk your dog with love" and the Canny harnesses. I'll probably end up trying them both. Thanks to all for the responses...:thankyou:

You can order them direct from the company at http://www.walkyourdogwithlove.com or I can order it for you as I am an affiliate with them and I can get it for you at a discounted price.

Stacey xxx

How do you become an affiliate? Just wondering as I emailed the link to my mum and she wants to buy one straight away.:D It would be nice to try and save her some money as she is a pensioner, but don't want to overwhelm you with a load of orders that I anticipate might come your way. I would like one too, but have just bought another one this weekend so will wait for a copule of months before getting mine.

How do you become an affiliate? Just wondering as I emailed the link to my mum and she wants to buy one straight away.:D It would be nice to try and save her some money as she is a pensioner, but don't want to overwhelm you with a load of orders that I anticipate might come your way. I would like one too, but have just bought another one this weekend so will wait for a copule of months before getting mine.

Only dog trainers can become affiliates with them at the moment.

Stacey xxx

I've heard horror stories about them (dog sees a squirrel or a cat - dog chases after squirrel or cat and breaks their neck or otherwise injures themselves because of the head collar.). I tried to use one on Suka, but he was having none of it - although that doesn't really matter. When I adopted him, he came 'pre-trained' on a Martingale collar and he doesn't pull at all unless he sees an animal he wants to eat. I feel spoiled because I got lucky. Suka's a husky that mostly doesn't act like a husky.