How far do you really walk your dog?

InterSimi

On weekdays, I get up at 5am to bike with Jake before work.. We go 1.7miles (2.7km) around the neighborhood, and as the temp gets cooler I might bump that up to about 2.3mi (3.7km).

In the evening, it's usually too hot to do anything.. I'd love to be able to take him biking again, but until the temp drops below 80, I don't feel comfortable with it :( If the yard is occupied by my landlords cat, we'll go for a short walk or around the block.. .5mi at most.

On weekends, once the temp cools down again, I usually take him to a park for a few hours. He seems fine with little exercise when I'm home with him all day. He can go out in the yard as much as he wants, as long as there's no cat lol.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mostly for about an hour to hour n a half with a doggie backpack of water (works out at about on average 5-6kms. i track with my phone :) )we also take them for bush walks at min once a week..... for an hour or two.

We also have started scooter training (NOT in summer though.)

I live in Australia so i have to walk them either crazy early or really late in summer(its already summer temps here.) and with 2 under 4 and then 2 furry bubs......sometimes in summer they dont get a walk everyday:dog3: but then again they just want to sleep in the air con or swim anyways.

Ours get walked once a day monday-friday unless one of us is off work then they get walked morning and evening. we walk them for around 1/2 or however long it takes for us to walk around our field, sometimes we take it longer and go for a walk around the river depending on pulling, weather etc. on the weekend they have 2 walks, these can vary in time there usually around an hour but the past few weekends (or other times when we go elsewhere not just our area) we are out for 4-5 hours at a time. (they only get walked once that day if we do that)