National ..................... Day

Sarah

Ok - so this thread should be updated daily (i hope) with what the day marks each day - might learn something you never know lol

16th Sept 2011 Is National Stepfamilies Day

In the United States, and perhaps in other countries as well, September 16 has been designated as "National Stepfamily Day". A day dedicated to the stepfamily. A day to honor all the StepHeroes out there who choose every day to be parents to ALL the children in their lives.

• 3 weeks later...

Oct. 7, 2011

Today is:

Bald and Free Day ---- It honors those of you with a beautiful, shiny top. You don't' have to be bald to celebrate this day. But, it helps. People who are married to, or related to a bald headed person can celebrate with the honoree.

Enough with the bald jokes. There will be zero tolerance for them today. Rather, today is a day to cherish and appreciate the freedom that comes with being bald. While the rest of us are spending money on hair cuts, hair shampoo, hair sprays, combs, and such, the bald guys is smiling as he saves money and time.

Upon becoming a lucky bald guy, you are finally freed of the worry and fret that other guys have as they wonder for years:

• "Will I lose my hair?"

• Is my hair turning grey?

Better still, as a bald guys are much happier. In addition to saving money on haircuts and hair accessories, they never had a "bad hair day".

So, if you are bald, enjoy your freedom, as you celebrate Bald and Free Day.

• 5 weeks later...

November 7, 2011

Today is:

National Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day is today. Lucky you....lucky me.

Chocolate is a vegetable, made from cocoa beans. Almonds are good for you, as they help to improve your Cholesterol levels. So, bittersweet chocolate with almonds is goo for you, right!?

On this special day, we will not question this logic...will you?

Happy National Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day!!!

Is it really? Where do you find this sort of information? Like when is National Hug a Husky Day? Or when is National Let Dad Do the Dishes Day?

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday was National Something Day. I can't for the life of me, remember what that something was.

• 2 weeks later...

Today is:

Red Planet Day

When : Always November 28th

The planet Mars is referred to as the "Red Planet" because it appears red in color. Red Planet Day honors our celestial neighbor, the fourth planet in the solar system.

Is Mars truly red in color? Scientists debated this question, even after the Mars Rovers landed and began to explore the planet. Why? Because the lenses used to take photos are tinted.

On Red Planet Day, take a few minutes to look upwards into the sky, and gaze at our neighbor. Hopefully, you will have a cloudless night sky for viewing. You can also recognize this day by reading up about Mars, and viewing pictures of it. There are plenty of pictures online. We've noted some of those sites below in the "More Information"section.

Red Planet Day commemorates the launch of the Spacecraft Mariner 4 on November 28,1964. The 228 day mission of Mariner 4 brought the spacecraft within 6,118 miles of Mars on July 14, 1965.