THUNDERSHIRT

Kirbysowner

has anyone tried SA training with the thunder shirt? I saw a post the other day where someone suggested using a thundershirt. I did some research and it seems worth a try for our SA problem with kirby.

we bought him one today and put it on for an hour and he didnt care it was on him. we will let him get used to it and probably see how he reacts to being alone with the shirt on tomorrow. Right now he does okish by himself. my wife has to leave and then I leave 5 mins later (bc she gets too nervous when leaving him which he picks up) and kirby will be fine for 90 mins and will do minimal howling and lots of whimpering. So, we shall see how the thundershirt works out....will post pic of him wearing it later

Have heard good things about these, but a trainer friend said they need to have it on in times of comfort for a while for them to associate it with being comfy/happy. I wouldn't try it for SA immediately, otherwise it could backfire and he may view the shirt as "that thing they put on me before they leave :("