Job Interview!

sutsibe

I have a job interview - whoooop! Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers - it's scheduled for Thursday evening at 6:30.... a job teaching special education (high school kids with disabilities). I'm not fully qualified, in that I still need to do student teaching in that area, but can legally accept a teaching job in the field if I get a special license for it. Unfortunately, it's quite a ways from home, which is a major downside - still, regular income is a really good thing! :)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A regular income is a great thing!!! A regular good income is an excellent thing! I hope you get the job and the latter applies! That's one I could not / would net even think about, I'm afraid they'd have me in jail for assault with a "normal" kid today and the one's I've seen who are in spec ed are not there ( generally ) for being nice kids! Kudos on you for being able to tackle them!!

Off Topic: Your status line - send some of that cooll air this way, we've managed to get into the 60's a couple of times overnight but we're still HOT!! during the day.

On that note though, we had a beautiful storm go through Thursday <??> night; fantastic light show, followed by some gusty wind followed by about an inch of rain!!!!! That brings us up to about 2 inches so far this year!!! Need MORE!!

You might be able to take the job as an internship, have a supervisor on site and count it as your student teaching. See if your school would allow that. Because you are already licensed for teaching, you are probably one of the more qualified candidates, or they would not have called you. Thinking of you here and on FB!:doglick:

Thanks, everyone! I would have preferred something closer to home, but especially given the time of year, there aren't many openings, so... beggers can't be choosers! The district is, by what I hear, nice, so that's a plus!

@Al Jones, I've subbed in Special ed in a couple of similar districts, and what I've really liked about it is that once you get to know them (and there's usually few enough students/teacher that you can get to know them), most of them are really nice kids! I like how, with relatively few students in that situation, you can build relationships - that's what drew me to the field!:)

You might be able to take the job as an internship, have a supervisor on site and count it as your student teaching. See if your school would allow that. Because you are already licensed for teaching, you are probably one of the more qualified candidates, or they would not have called you. Thinking of you here and on FB!:doglick:

Yes, Nanci - I'll be able to teach with a conditional license, and do my student teaching on the job! I'll still have to come up with the $ to pay the Uni to take the Student teaching "class", but I can do it while working in my own classroom! :yahoo: