Job Interview!

sutsibe

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Nix... I found out tonight that I did not get the job. :( They hired someone who has 10 years experience, which at least makes me feel a little bit better... Hard to argue with that, anyway!

That's stiff competition....and with all the SPED changes going on right now, I get it, but it wasn't meant to be. I know the right one will come along. I looked for more than 6 months after getting laid off before I got hired for something temp....just got lucky that someone left and a space opened up for me. It will happen. Hard time of the school year. Keep subbing....those are the best opportunities.

Oh Gig I'm sorry :( :(

:grouphug:

aw, I'm sorry, Gigi, I hope something better is awaiting you :grouphug:

Thank you - both! As much as I wanted the job, I also had qualms, in that it would have been a lot of driving, which would have meant I was spending a lot of my income on gas. I'm hoping to find something, even not teaching, a little closer to home... Guess it wasn't meant to be!

That's stiff competition....and with all the SPED changes going on right now, I get it, but it wasn't meant to be. I know the right one will come along. I looked for more than 6 months after getting laid off before I got hired for something temp....just got lucky that someone left and a space opened up for me. It will happen. Hard time of the school year. Keep subbing....those are the best opportunities.

Nanci, I can't afford to keep subbing! The two districts that are near enough that I can afford to go there with the price of gas on a day-by-day basis aren't keeping me busy enough! I need to find a job - any job! - that will give me more constant income, so I'll be out looking at a variety of different positions...

Sorry you didn't get this one. The way I look at things is fate can take a hand and maybe your fate has something better lined up for you around the corner! Good luck with what you choose and what chooses you :)

Thanks - that's how I'm looking at it, too - just hope that fate helps me find something very soon!

Sorry to hear that you didn't get the job. Did she give you any feedback to help you in future interviews? That would be really helpful so that you can focus on that, even though some other schools might have a slightly different focus, positive feedback is helpful.

No, but I know where my weaknesses are, and they are mostly due to lack of experience - I am not fully qualified, although close, and they really wanted someone who had experience with writing IEPs - the plans made for children to show exactly how you are going to proceed with the child's individual education plan... My classwork touched on it, but I haven't actually done any.