Origin of the Labradoodle!

sutsibe

A friend had posted a link to this story on FB, and like her, I hadn't realized that there had been a reason beyond making money for the "creation" of the Labradoodle... According to the article, the man who first bred them now regrets it.

http://www.globalanimal.org/2010/12/02/man-who-created-labradoodles-regrets-the-cross-breed/25768/

I've heard of them for a while so the 22 years really didn't surprise me too much. I didn't know why they were bred, I just assumed it was someone playing and decided it was a good combination.

Were I in his shoes, I think I'd be more angry than upset. He did what was needed and I'd have been irritated at the initial reaction ("I want a pure bred.") No, you needed a hypoallergenic dog, you got one - what's your problem? Now that they've been bred to death (literally as a breed) I can understand his reaction....