Husky tattoo

Sarah

Ok, have been weighing this up for a while and have decided that I want some sort of husky tattoo on my left shoulder blade.

On a scale of 1 - 10 how painful is this going to be???

I was thinking of 2 paw prints but not just plain black ones - something a bit different, i've been looking around but haven't come across anything that jumps out at me as yet so if anyone sees anything please feel free to post some pics :D

EDIT - something a bit like this but different if that makes any sense lol

PawPrints.gif

i would say it depends firstly on your pain tolerance level...and secondly how much 'padding' you have on your shoulder blades...If you have little body fat there then naturally it is gonna hurt more because it will be close to the bone and the vibration will seem more painful...But in all honesty, if you find a decent tattoo artist they will tell you before they start that if you want them to stop just say...You will probably find that the outline hurts more than any colour you have done, and you may even find it isn't as bad as you thought it would be! I was the same, i was really worried it would be horrific and hurt more than anything, but it didn't hurt that much, it stung a little when he started and when he moved to another section, but it goes numb quickly.

I found the dentist (local anaesthetic jabs etc) to be more painful than a tattoo!

ETA: This is quite cute... any decent tattoo artist can customise these kind of things to make them smaller/bigger, take detail out/add more detail, change colours.

oh smithy sooo not good having a tattoo on sunburn LOL !!

Andy - like that of it howling :)

I'd love one like that of Kimba but then would need one of Kaiser as well - would look fab with blue eyes as well don't want one as big though but suppose they can do it smaller?

saz...to be fair if they are a decent tattoo artist, they should be able to make it any size...and make any customisations you want...mine did, i wanted mine a little bigger than he had advertised...and i wanted the heart in the middle coloured red..so he did!!

They would be really cool Sarah, have you had a tatt befor? if not dont worry about it, it does not hurt! IMO of course.

The initial start of a tattoo might hurt as its something you have never felt befor but you soon get use to it and you soon get into it, be warned once you start getting tatts they become very addictive and very expensive....

ohhh i like them! Nix is that your tattoo? Im going to get one of Alaska on my left shoulder blade on my back, its going to be a shaded one of her looking wolfish and the only colour will be her eyes! But my 1st one im getting on the 11th of aug (my b-day) is the God Anubis >> on my right upper arm, not sure which style yet, my sis got queen Nefertiti and it's medium sized and she said it was like someone cutting skin deep over and over again, BUT (lol) she said it's like pearcings, it's bearable and addictive ;)

I aint had a tat, yet ;), but have heard that if you only have outline it doesnt hurt too much but the colouring or if you have a large area full of black it hurts more and the more detail is more painful! Like already mentioned it does depend on you pain tolerance and I would have though a little bit of psychological brain work comes in somewhere as to how much it hurts too!