malamute attacked by big cat

Kells xx

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor thing. My mother has either seen it or another one of them. For us it seems odd to have such a large area to roam but I suppose in a native environment perhaps now. She saw it more than once in areas 50 miles apart!!! She thought she was imagining it at first. It was also bluffed off by many, but there have been far too many credible sightings and attacks now for it not to be believed.

Ouch, that'll teach 'im tp try to play with the pussy cat! Seriously, though, glad he's okay!

:offtopic: Interesting article about big cats in Britian. It says that, with the exception of a Scottish Wildcat, there have been no native large cats since at least the last ice age ... I find it odd that there's nothing to fill that ecological niche - is it really true?? (( Yeh, I'm trying to hijack the thread ... :) ))

there was a video a policeman took not that long ago of a big black cat walking down a train line. Bigger than your average moggy. There are ex pet cats out there.....the problem is they must be breeding to maintain the sightings after all this time. They wont still be the same ones that were released when the dangerous wild animals act came into force in the 70s

8 years ago I was setting up a Metal Detecting Rally near where I live. I planed to spend the night in my car in the field as we had a large Marquee on site. Any way I had my 4 month old German Shepherd with me and decided to take her for a last walk as it was starting to get dark. Beyond the Farm was a marsh and a Coal Tip and the field backed on to the Coal Tip.

I noticed a large black object in the field and because of bad light thought it was a black bin liner moving in the breeze. It suddenly bounded to wards my dog and myself.:jawdrop: I scooped up the dog and made a run for the car and just got us both in in time.I started the engine and put my full beam and spot lights on to see a large black Puma type cat looking at us with the light reflecting from it's eyes. I drove straight at it and chased it back across the field and then headed at a fast speed home to safety. :f1:.The next day I told the Farmer and he just laughed at me......Ron

Ron....wow. That was a close one, eh?

Cougars/panthers were driven out of my area a long time ago. But people have been seeing a cougar around, so maybe it came back. Who knows - the coyotes came back, maybe the cougars are coming back as well. I don't mind the coyotes - it's the cougars that get me on edge.

i suppose all it really takes is 2 and the chain could keep going. but isn't it strange how it's near enough always same type of cat..... panther, puma, lynx........ you'd think someone would have at least released a few tigers :D but I also like the fact there are still things like that hiding since we have driven off/killed/drove to extinction from the country all the really interesting animals that used to roam around before we destroyed everywhere (I'm rambleing I know what I mean :P)

That was a moment when I bet you wished you had on brown trousers @Ron Tao+Sky

To tell you the truth I had never been so scared in all my life. I still visit the farm but make sure that I leave it before dusk.:eek:...........Ron

Ouch, that'll teach 'im tp try to play with the pussy cat! Seriously, though, glad he's okay!

:offtopic: Interesting article about big cats in Britian. It says that, with the exception of a Scottish Wildcat, there have been no native large cats since at least the last ice age ... I find it odd that there's nothing to fill that ecological niche - is it really true?? (( Yeh, I'm trying to hijack the thread ... :) ))

We don't, the larget wild predator we have has got to be the Fox..... Hence our country sides are over run with Deer, I believe in areas of the UK there are annual deer cullings.

There has been for many years talk of reintroducing Wolves, Lynxs and even Bears back into the UK, but alot of Farmer are against it as it could be very bad for their livestock.

i heard about the wolf being introduced and also more wild boar, they have these animals else where in other countries yet they seem to cope with it, would it make much of a difference to livestock or would that be down to the size of the uk as it being small would they breed rapid and destroy livestock? Sorry to go:offtopic: just makes me wonder lol