I think Darwin has settled in :)

Andy

We rescued darwin approx 18 months ago.

P1040669-1.jpg

So he settled into the pack quite well, had a few barnies with Echo (our White GSD (pack alpha))

but that was to be expected. but he was forever trying to escape.

You open the door to let someone in, a brush of fur and there's a grey and white blur flying up the road.

He learned how to open the living room windows, quite a feat without thumbs. Got out twice that way, cost us £117 to get him back from the dogwardens :o

I've noticed a gradual change though.

he no longer tries to bolt for the door if it opens, he'll have a look or shove his head against your leg to see who's there.

anyway the best bit has been the last couple of weeks.

After the Window opening epsiode we tend to keep them locked and secured unless we're there.

So because the weather was nice and I was there, I had the window open and on the latch

with a nice cool breeze blowing through keeping the dawgies cool.

and. . . completely forgot.

went upstairs had my shower in preparation for work, came downstairs. . .

No Darwin. . .

Remembered open window. . .

Oh, crap. . .

there he was lying on the windowsill (a favourite place to watch the world go by)

nose stuck out the wide open window quite content.

Good boy.

Phew. . . must remember, to close the damn window.

Guess what two weeks later. . .

exactly the same thing. . .Window. . .Shower.

Darwin chillin on the windowsill, freedom easily accessible, no urge to go.

So I think he's content and settled.

yay :yahoo:

Raven almost the same...i had him since he was 7 weeks old, he started to "want to be with us" more...just...RECENTLY (He is now 1 1/2 years old)...:P. Since he was a pup, every time i let him out from his crate, he has full access to the living room and my room...BUT...nope, he like being at the backyard digging, try to locate ant nest or termite, etc...so backyard is his favorite place (he checked on us occasionally then back to his business "ant/termite search and rescue" ...Now, his "backyard time" is less and hang out with us more often in the living room...i guess some of them attach to his/her people more easily and some of them need longer time. And Darwin is gorgeous...stunning eyes when he looked into the camera...:) Mine, ...he is not photogenic, 90% of his photos looks ridiculous and i have to delete it...:lolman:

Yay for Darwin - glad he's now content to stay home, by all appearances! (Do you not use screens on the outsides of your windows in the UK?)

No, we don't have insect problems, locusts etc here that would require screens. :)