Hiding Food

Katelyn

Hello! We're having a problem with Taz hiding his food. He's on a raw diet now, and lately he has been trying to hide his food in his kennel. We leave a towel in his kennel for him to sleep in, and he hides it under the towel. We feed him in the kitchen, but he has been bringing his food inside his kennel, which is inside our room. I also noticed that he's been eating his food a lot slower than he used to. Does the cold have something to do with this behavior? And how do we stop it? Pls help! >.<

• 2 weeks later...

Viggo used to hide food in his bed. Then when Tika came to live with us, that QUICKLY stopped, lol. Maybe your boy isn't hungry. I wouldn't worry too much. Granted it does become annoying b/c if the food sits out too long, it gets gross and then you waste money by simply throwing it out. :-(

Heehee, I took some video last night of Scout hoarding food. I'll have to post it!

You could feed less in one sitting or feed only once a day. He might be getting too much food. My boys won't eat twice a day, and in fact when their portions were bigger Wyatt was only finishing his bowl every other day (Scout, on the other hand, just started to get fat). When I first got Scout I tried feeding him twice a day, but he was still only eating one meal, then picking at and burying parts of the other, then would be famished the next morning.