Zoya, Zoya, Zoya. . . .

Mazz

It was bound to happen. Zoya discovered a rabbit borrough in the back yard last evening. Needless to say, Zoya got real focused real fast when she realized there was movement under her digging paws. My wife tried to intervene, but was not totally successful.

The prey instinct in these Huskies is so, so strong. We used to have a problem with Elke when she was Zoya's age, then the rabbits got wary and no more burroughs for quite a few years. Now, they've come back to roost. I suppose they will again become wary and put their borroughs elsewhere.

We're not sure if Zoya got any or not. We found two small bunnies hiding in the grass on the other side of the fence. I put some gloves on to keep the human scent off the bunnies, and put them back into the borrough, but they immediately came up and hopped off again. I suspect Zoya may have gotten one, maybe two earlier. When Elke was alive, she would just sit at the borrough opening and wait. When they popped their little heads out of the opening, Elke would. . . well you know. But Zoya is not into waiting.

oops lol bless her is she trying 2 dig them out?

Yes, she is digging them out of their borroughs. Yesterday, she was at it again. But the rabbits seemed to be gone. My yard is full of trenches. But that's OK. That's why God made dirt; to fill them in again.

She and her playmate Koda, my son's Aussie, got a bit agressive last night, and Zoya received a puncture wound in the side of her jaw. Bled pretty good. I put some of that EMT Gel on it. Stopped the bleeding right way. Stuff is like honey, only thicker. Can't hardly tell this morning that she was bit.