Can you live with it when your Husky does not have a certified pedigree papers?

Benjiro

i have 3 ... Macie is KC reg but a welfare so only have welfare papers .. my Nikita is KC and i have her papers but my Tikaani the only one i have had since puppy is not KC.. as Andy said it depends on what you wanna do..

i run mine and had to have Tikaani recognised to be able to run and im limited to the BSHRA scene...im happy with that as the main SHCGB races seem to be further away... just limits me a bit if i wanted to do an SHCGB rally i cant with Tikaani but can with the other two ...

but wont ..co's it started with Tikaani she was my 1st and i wont run where she can't..

just make sure the micro chipping is in your name and details.. if you havn't got micro chip number..visit the vet to get scanned to get chip number and contact the company ..

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with everything everyone else has said....Not knowing the full story i would maybe hazard a guess that money is the bottom line.. your dad could be thinking along the lines of " why pay hundreds for a dog with no papers when you can get a rescue/x breed for a fraction of the price" i could be well off the mark but it may be the reason hes so gutted. I paid full price for my first girl who is kc registered. i got my boy for nothing, He is registered with the pet lover register, never heard of them, but i love him as much as i love her

I'm pretty sure Millie is a pure Siberian but as she is a rescue we never got any papers so can't say for certain

But since Nick isn't planning on showing or bredding her I don't see it as an issue. It would be nice to know but we're not going to loose any sleep wondering about it

:)

After I finish my Zoology degree (only in the 1st year out of 4), I want to specialize into Ethology (the study of animal behaviour) - as I find that stuff really interesting. I'd also like to specialize so I only work with wolves and/or other canids...but then I probably won't get a job because I'll be so specialized? lol

H-O is awesome. Too awesome. It should come with a warning label. WARNING: This website is very addicting and will ruin your social/academic life. lol

Oh shoot, someone's slipping up!! Someone should have told you that this place is addicting; I probably spend half of my web time now reading here!!

Oh shoot, someone's slipping up!! Someone should have told you that this place is addicting; I probably spend half of my web time now reading here!!

I know - if I fail my classes I'll be blaming H-O! It's its fault.

LOL!

I think there are two separate issues here. Firstly, as almost everyone has said in one way or another - a dog is a dog is a dog - and is deserving of your total love irrespective of its registration, its pedigree or anything else. Our two rescue girls of uncertain origin get just as much love and affection as our show champions or any of the other dogs.

The second issue is important for a different reason. If you were sold your pup as a Phillipines KC registered dog, and now you can't get the registration papers, that is fraud and is a criminal offence. It is likely that you are not the only victim and that the breeder will continue scamming people like this until he is stopped. I would do what others have suggested, you concentrate on your studies and get your dad to put his weight behind sorting out the breeder. Without being disrespectful, the breeder probably considers you as a teenager, to be an easy "mark" - he may not find it so easy to get away with it with an angry adult.