Doh!

Smiler

A couple of steams today. Here's one that I hope I have sorted.

Appeared on my Facebook comments on a picture of Harley...

" my daughter Ibbie wants your dog really bad. she ask me to find out where did you get him out. ibbie wants one for her 14th birthday in Oct 27, 2011. have a good day

31 August at 19:25 · LikeUnlike"

My reponse...

"Gary Turner

Ooh...be very careful, they aren't a dog for the first time owner...and they live for 14-16 years so a long time if you get it wrong...they need lots of company so very hard to leave them for longer than 4 hours on their own without them getting destructive and anxious...she'll need to get used to running them up to 8 miles a day and then 1 or 2 further walks a day when they are adult...she won't be able to let them of lead...she'll need to get used to husky hair on everything including clothes...she'll need to be able to be emotionally stable around them...they are hyper-intelligent and get bored easily - in other words please don't get a husky unless the above fits her lifestyle for the next 14-16 years! Harsh but true...there are lots of huskies needing rehoming as a result, Harley was rehomed to me at 8.5 months old thru change of owner circumstance...they aren't your average dog, they're a husky..."

Doh!!!!!!!

Great response.

However as usual they will simply assume. . .

that you are elitist and don't want anyone else to have such a beautiful dog.

that you are over dramatising the entire issue, and they can't possibly be that bad.

and go out and get their precious princess a Husky because she . . .

simply MUST have one.

Then she will treat it like the best thing since sliced bread, or the latest new phone

until the glamour wears off and then they will have to deal with reality and the poor

dog will end up being rehomed.

It is a living being that (as you rightly said) will be their responsibility for the next

14-16 years.

It is NOT a gadget or trinket to be discarded simply because it no longer fits with your

wardrobe or lifestyle.

Please post my reply to them.

Fingers crossed!

Al...er...sorry mate I'm not Nix! I don't know half as much and I don't look as good in a dress lol!!!!

Grrr..... I normally check to make sure I'm replying to the right person. (( old age and short term memory and all that!! )) And you're not even in Scotland so I can't tease you about a kilt even!! Sorry ...

But still in all an excellent reply!