Weight

Brady

I'm curious at what age your huskies stopped growing.

Sherlock (my red and white Sibe) is just about five months old (on the 13th) and he already weighs 38.0 lbs (17 kg) and seems like he still has lots of growing to do.

All the sites I read say a male husky is 45-60 lbs. Seeing as he's already 38 lbs, I'm worried he's going to be giant ---- haha. I guess it's just more of him to love :) But, I'm just curious about other Sibe owners. We don't seem to run across any Sibe's in our area. His dad seemed in the 60 lbs mark and his mom was probably around 40 lbs. But, one of the other Sibes the breeder had was 80 lbs. Sherlock isn't overweight according to our vet.

So really, just looking for some info about how much your males weigh.

Thanks so much! :)

Well, i definitely can't cast my vote...:lolman: Raven, my male sibe is only weighs 15,5 kg or around 37lbs. He is 22 months old. If ur curious about other member sibe weigh, u can see it at general health and the title is add ur sibe weight...:)

Are you sure? Mine is 4.5 months and weighs 15 kg, and the pic of your lovely looks as though he's much bigger than mine.

Are you sure? Mine is 4.5 months and weighs 15 kg, and the pic of your lovely looks as though he's much bigger than mine.

Yup, 100% sure...:P Our vet always wrong when he guess Raven's weight, on our last visit, he said "20kg...?" and i said "Nope, 15 1/2kg...". He started doing "funny" thing with his eyebrow then feel Raven's rib and said, "ok, he is fine"...:lolman:. I guess he is "late" in growth section...He started to become a little bit taller (Now, he is around 55cm tall) when he is over 1 years old. So, i guess it's the same thing with his weight section, hopefully he will start to fill out maybe...around 3 years old...:D

My boys tend to run between about 55 and 65 lbs... The younger two, who aren't neutered, are harder to keep weight on, and the older, neutered dogs are generally bulkier, even though they aren't fat. The unneutered boys tend to burn extra calories with nervous energy, and if I try to feed them more to make it up, they get diarrhea and lose more weight! I have one smaller male who is probably 45-50 lbs - he also burns more calories through nervous energy, even though he's also neutered. All of my boys are within the breed's Standard - the upper "limit" for show purposes s 23.5 inches tall.

There is a wide variety of builds, in the breed. Some are very thin and fine boned, and others are build much more heavily...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 12 years later...

Our 2 huskies weigh 85 lbs.  my vet says while 60-70 is average, like people, they come in all weights.  She says they are healthy and look good but she would like to see them at 75.  They get no table scraps.  They eat 2 cups 2x daily but they almost never eat breakfast.  They free feed because they only feel like eating once a day.  They do get treats but only human grade treats and only 2 a day.  Im also outdoorsy and run them 3x a day.  No idea why they are so big.