Dangerous Plant? This amy be why Qilaq isnt eating?

Simon&Sophia

So, her poos had been normal up until this morning when she's done two less than normal :/

She ate like, 4/5 of her evening meal last night after having mixed some water with it to try bring out the flavour or whatever. In her poo this morning are some berries that are on a tree over hanging our garden. Im pretty sure she's eaten some before with no ill effect... and ive never noticed them in her poo.

Anyway, for all you botanists.....what is this? and is it harmful to dogs?

post-7056-0-57729300-1360867277_thumb.jp

post-4409-1358599364335_thumb.jpg

post-4409-13585993644465_thumb.jpg

Yew Tree Female Fruits 3 - UK Flora Box 2 File 4 m 15 1

In Britain, they invariably found in churchyards. English Yew - Taxus baccata Yews are coniferous, needle-bearing trees and shrubs. In England, they invariably found in churchyards. The foliage and seeds of yew contain highly poisonous alkaloids. The flesh of the red berries is harmless, but the seed within is very poisonous.

post-7056-0-01289300-1360867279_thumb.jp

Taken from:

http://www.apagemedia.com/gallery/category/16

post-5962-13585993645037_thumb.jpg

Tree Branches and Sticks

Dogs like to play with sticks and branches. Unfortunately, the wood and bark of some trees and shrubs is highly toxic. Listed below are some of the more common trees and shrubs with wood poisonous to dogs.

You should be aware of any specimines of these plants growing in your garden. NEVER play with, or encourage your dog to 'fetch', sticks or branches that you suspect may originate from these plants. If dogs chew on branches of these species, they may become very ill, and you should seek veterinary advice immediately.

• Box Buxus sempervirens

• Cherry Laurel Prunus lauroceraesus

• Laburnum

• Oleander

• Rododendron

• Wild Cherry Tree Prunus avium

• Yew Taxus

• One of the most deadly trees or shrubs.

First of all, RELAX... YOU freaking out is NOT going to help her!!!

SECOND, in the US we have emergency veterinary services, or after hour vet hospitals, like they have for humans, does the UK have anything of that sort? Google search some, call a few of them, tell them what she has eaten and then let them decide if you should bring her in.

Thanks guys! Phew... i was pannicking alot! lol Incase you hadnt noticed!

I just rang my vets, of which there are two branches locally. I got through to one of them and they adfivsed me to just keep an eye on her and if a, b and/or c happen, take her to the local emergency vets (for which they gave me the details).

She does seem fine though to be honest. I mean, she has been a little bit mopey all week. She's due to come into season though so its probably why. She comes to me when i call her, faster if its for a treat. She eats treats still. She is alert to sudden noises still etc etc so i think she's ok. Ill let you guys know how the rest of the day goes!

Better don my lumberjack out fit eh?