How much did we raise at Husky Camp 2011

Sarah

@Snopeak you've been a member for 3 years and i've never seen you on here, but with only 18 post's in that time i guess thats why. so do tell us what you have done to raise money ? as you've not been around you would not know if we have raised money for rescue in the past or not. so yes you would be out numbered sorry

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think it would have been more worthwhile for the money raised to have been spilt across the 4 main husky re-homing groups here in the UK, who are somewhat desperate for funds rather than funding a holiday for someone, but I suppose if all those donated their cash knew in advance where their hard earned money was going in advance, I'll be out numbered in my thoughts ;)

Thanks for your support! FYI money left will be going to a charity

Personally I think it would have been more worthwhile for the money raised to have been spilt across the 4 main husky re-homing groups here in the UK, who are somewhat desperate for funds rather than funding a holiday for someone, but I suppose if all those donated their cash knew in advance where their hard earned money was going in advance, I'll be out numbered in my thoughts ;)

Everyone is entitled to there opinion but this is not the place for re-homing like you say there are a lot homing groups out there this is not one of them never as been and never will be.

Like you have been told everyone knew where there money was going and to come out with such a comment without knowing is really bad IMO :(

Im sure you do, Im sure they did, and Im sure you will be.

Dont want to cause a fight here guys but you really should find out more about people before jumping on them as everyone is entitled to their opinion. You may want to google "Snopeak" before judging anyone ! LOL Some of the responses are a bit out of order in fairness and I didn't think that this forum was like that. I have found everyone to be friendly so far and was surprised at seeing some of these responses !

And for the record Gill and I didn't know where the money raised was going but to be fair we only found out about husky camp late on and didnt really try and find out.

Glad we did raise a good amount though :) and were looking forward to April camp !

Dont want to cause a fight here guys but you really should find out more about people before jumping on them as everyone is entitled to their opinion.

You are correct in your comment and that why I said as such in my reply but if I was going to come out with a statment like that myself I would of least had a look at why the said money was raised and at least know what the forum I have joined was about in the 1st place, there have been 1000's of posts about raising money for different re-home sites/ kennels/ shelters and everyone of them are told the same its even in our rules.

"A fun, friendly and informative forum, built by siberian husky owners, for siberian husky owners. Not a company, not a breeding site - purely out there for you to enjoy and meet new husky lovers. Meet ups arranged, holidays taken together, fun free and addictive.

this is a happy post saying how much we all raised at camp and theres disagreements on it??

If we all disagreed with where the money was going would we all have put money into it??

NO WE WOULD NOT HAVE.

Not one person was MADE to give up money. We did it because we wanted to, because we wanted a chance to meet an overseas member who we would normally never get to meet. To some of us this is important. We worked damn hard fundraising for it, even @Marc jumped out of a plane!!!!!

Rescues raise their own money, and if they put in as much effort as we have done they would raise as much as we have done.

Dont get me wrong, Im not saying we have a problem with where the money went at all, I just felt it was a bit off jumping all over someone because they expressed their opinion thats all !

I think Steve it was more the fact that they never post on here and jumped on the bandwagon almost looking for an arguement?

sorry Linda we posted same time lol

no I know and its a fair point. Ive just seen this kind of fighting start on waaaaaay to many internet forums in the past and I dont want to see it end up the same in here LOL

@ valkyries - will take more than a wee fight to keep us away from April camp ! LOL Qilaq would not be happy with his mummy and daddy if we dont bring him along ! LOL