Worried

Sarah

Posting this in the steam room so Koda's previous owner doesn't see.

She's been messaging me on facebook and looking at the pics i've put up of Koda. I'm worried she's going to want to take him back :( I've fallen for him and those that went to camp who met him I hope can see just how well he got on with my boys and other dogs.

Aww sarah I really miss him :'-( !!!! I thought I was handlin it ok but for some reason it has just overwhelmed me! Can u take him park so I can see him? He prob doesn't miss me but I do him an I want to see him. I know I've give him u now an really I shouldn't ask but please.... blank.gif not wantin u to go out the way but if u go somewhere near urs to walk them an I could just join for ten mins to see him that would be great. Thanks for lookin after him an givin him a good home blank.gif I really miss my boy! Feel like a piece of my heart as left with him blank.gif gutted I couldn't look after him! It's like I've give my baby up for adoption!! Xxx

My reply:

awww *hugs* course we can meet up, will see how the weather is over next day or so and arrange something - he's had such a fab wkend and is totally passed out now lol but yh deffo arrange something hun xxxx

Her reply:

I really miss him :'-( loads! It's only just really sank in! Feel like I just give him away an not bothered with him blank.gif I know he happy but I stil miss him an need a cuddle an I know I gave him u like I said an I don't want u or marc to go out ur way just sayin I'd apreciate it. He's so adorable! Lovable! He's an amazin dog an he's my baby! I miss him so much! Feel like I've gave my child up for adoption! It's weird how it feels xxx

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

she can't legally get him back can she?

I've applied to get his chip details put to my name and also applied to the KC to get him registered to me but nothing has come back through from either yet

not sure, police wouldnt get involved. shed either have to go through courts or steal him or get those pet detectives Id think. unless shes got loads of money she cant do that.

Ok I googled and found answers on the basis that if it wasnt a trial run then she has legally surrendered the dog to you and you are under no obligation whatsoever to give it back. just stand your ground.

The reasons she gave him up cant have dissappeared so she has to deal with it. (sorry if I sound evil)

MY suggestion is if she DOES try something, keep those emails! It CLEARLY states that SHE gave him to you, so if she DOES try anything, she at least cant use the 'Sarah stole him out of my yard' bs or that you 'bullied her' into giving you her dog.

Keep EVERYTHING, even something minor, all posts she makes, take screen shots and keep them in a file on your computer, just in case...Even if you end up deleting the file later, for right now, keep it in the (hopefully) unlikely event she tries to take him back.

MY suggestion is if she DOES try something, keep those emails! It CLEARLY states that SHE gave him to you, so if she DOES try anything, she at least cant use the 'Sarah stole him out of my yard' bs or that you 'bullied her' into giving you her dog.

Keep EVERYTHING, even something minor, all posts she makes, take screen shots and keep them in a file on your computer, just in case...Even if you end up deleting the file later, for right now, keep it in the (hopefully) unlikely event she tries to take him back.

defo a good idea, thank you xx

Hun dont worry about it, no she has no grounds to stand on if she decides she wants him back AFAIK

I thought the same with Grey, but its natural to feel the way she does, imagine if it where the other way around

i has similar experience with one of mine

i turned round and said

''i hope thats not a round about way of asking for (X) back........you will have a fight on your hands if thats the case

they are not toys to pick up and put down when you feel like it''

They never replied :eek:

Also,i wouldn't be quite so keen to take him to meet her just yet,i'd leave it a good few wks

she's obviously upset and you just never know what she may do(i'm always very suspicious)

No worries Sarah, it just irritates me that in this day and age, we have to do this kind of crap to protect ourselves and our rights as pet owners!

A lot of people in my life would tell you I'm paranoid, but I prefer to think of myself as prepared. I'll tell ya what, legally, I have NEVER been left 'high and dry', by my own accord.

I hope to goodness you NEVER need to use that file, but just in case, keeping it for a year or two (in the US it CAN take that long to get a case seen in court) just to be on the safe side is a good idea.

*Hugs* I'm so sorry you are going through this...I'm currently doing the same with Blaze...the breeder made me very nervous telling me I was being cruel by removing his teeth, so in case anything came out of my 'cruelty' I have all the documentation to cover my a$$ and keep MY baby!

STOPPPPP..........

You reading to much into this IMO she not asking for him back she just telling you how much she misses him which is not bad now is it ?

Go along let her see him I know if I'd done this I would want to see them and keep in touch.

STOPPPPP..........

You reading to much into this IMO she not asking for him back she just telling you how much she misses him which is not bad now is it ?

Go along let her see him I know if I'd done this I would want to see them and keep in touch.

not yet its too soon for Koda. Hes settling and it can set him back.

I agree with Louise...For one, I do understand how painful it can be to have to give up a dog, but I think KODA should be the MOST IMPORTANT THING INVOLVED IN THIS WHOLE THING!!!!

He is settling in with Sarah's loving family, in my opinion LET THE DOG BE. The past owner felt the need to give him up, which was doing something right by Koda, she should continue to do right by Koda and leave him be where he is happy. Maybe in a month or two after he is fully blended into Sarah's pack and lifestyle, maybe THEN something could be arranged but by doing it so soon Koda will be confused as to who 'Mommy' is and who he should go to, and if he had any sort of 'abandonment feelings' when his owner left the first time, those wounds will reopen.