Worried

Sarah

Posting this in the steam room so Koda's previous owner doesn't see.

She's been messaging me on facebook and looking at the pics i've put up of Koda. I'm worried she's going to want to take him back :( I've fallen for him and those that went to camp who met him I hope can see just how well he got on with my boys and other dogs.

Aww sarah I really miss him :'-( !!!! I thought I was handlin it ok but for some reason it has just overwhelmed me! Can u take him park so I can see him? He prob doesn't miss me but I do him an I want to see him. I know I've give him u now an really I shouldn't ask but please.... blank.gif not wantin u to go out the way but if u go somewhere near urs to walk them an I could just join for ten mins to see him that would be great. Thanks for lookin after him an givin him a good home blank.gif I really miss my boy! Feel like a piece of my heart as left with him blank.gif gutted I couldn't look after him! It's like I've give my baby up for adoption!! Xxx

My reply:

awww *hugs* course we can meet up, will see how the weather is over next day or so and arrange something - he's had such a fab wkend and is totally passed out now lol but yh deffo arrange something hun xxxx

Her reply:

I really miss him :'-( loads! It's only just really sank in! Feel like I just give him away an not bothered with him blank.gif I know he happy but I stil miss him an need a cuddle an I know I gave him u like I said an I don't want u or marc to go out ur way just sayin I'd apreciate it. He's so adorable! Lovable! He's an amazin dog an he's my baby! I miss him so much! Feel like I've gave my child up for adoption! It's weird how it feels xxx

Hi i have not fully read all that has been posted in reply, but im a dog welfare officer and partner to demondave, on reading what you have put, you have nothing to be worried about as she has put it in writing admitting to you that she has given him to you and that she is now regretting it. My advice is just keep the facebook messages, legally no the police wouldnt get involved they would say its a civil matter and as you have a message from her she cannot say you have stole him (which would be the only way to get him back), she gave up her rights when she gave him away. Hope this helps a little, as for microchip etc, that can take a few weeks if this has been the case and its over 6 weeks give them a call, i would also advise you call the Kclub, and as you have thre papers rest in ease xx

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Sarah I don't know what you ended up choosing but I would really recommend you waiting at least a month or so before having her meet him again. You don't want to confuse him but you also don't want to confuse her emotions. Having her see him while she's in this state may catch her at a weak point emotionally and then she'll be in a right state :( I don't want you to have to deal with that potential emotional roller coaster from her.

thanks guys :)

Won't be meeting for a while I've decided I think it's best for Koda - he's all that matters in this at the end of the day, not how I feel, or how his prev owners feel - as long as he's happy and content that's all that matters and I won't be doing anything to justify that :)

Thank you for all your help, advice and support :grouphug:

thanks guys :)

Won't be meeting for a while I've decided I think it's best for Koda - he's all that matters in this at the end of the day, not how I feel, or how his prev owners feel - as long as he's happy and content that's all that matters and I won't be doing anything to justify that :)

Thank you for all your help, advice and support :grouphug:

Its for the best for u n him so good luck hopefully she won't bother u too much when u tell her

I know I'm coming in late on this conversation, but @Sarah , I understand your fear and am very, very happy that you now have proof of ownership.

Sometimes it's difficult for previous owners.....even breeders - to let one of their dogs go completely. IMO, I don't think it's a good thing to meet up with her - even down the road when you feel Koda has settled in. But, that's only my opinion. She had her chance and I'm fairly certain she wouldn't have appreciated getting this type of communication from whomever she got Koda from.

You're a good owner, you know that. You have great common sense and above anyone else here, you know Koda best. Do what your heart tells you to do. He's your boy now and I would certainly hate to see you wrestle with this any longer.

haha no chance sorry Mike - this is his 6th and final home :)

6th ..thats disgusting just as bad as with my Nikita..sorry Sarah had i seen this thread earlier i would have replied..

IMO ..anyone that gives up their dogs or kids for adoption ..ceases to be allowed to see them ever again.

( they gave up the right to be part of their life when they handed over)

harsh maybe but realistic.

you have your paperwork now so issue over but basically you had enough proof that she had handed him over .. and anyone that takes on a dog privately should keep all corrispondence safe . not just for days or weeks but forever..

think of Koda.. and what it may do to him.... he is your priority over being nice to an ex owner.

even now when i take Nikita into my local pub ..where she came from she still seems to know where she is and try's to go out back and find what was her mum.

even though they have not been there for over 2 years.

my advise is politely keep distance..