I know it's still not late for potty training...

King Gravity

....But the problem is I don't know how to.

Hello guys! I had King (he's 3 months old) just this sunday and I forgot to bring him where I want him to pee and poop right after our ride home. Yes, it's my fault :(. But I do want to train him while he's still young and it's just a week that he stayed here. First he pee-ed near the kitchen (area 1). That's his first. Then he had additional of 4 areas where he's doing it. Including our "dirty wash room" that's where I want him to do it all the time but having a total of 5 spots, It's just a 20% chance of him pee-ing/poop-ing in the wash room. I tried bringing him to the wash room with his leash on 20 mins after he had his dinner, and nothing happened. He's just protesting because he wants to go outside the wash room, but as Ceasar Milan always say, you should never let them win, and so I didn't let him but after his protest, he still hadn't pee-ed when I thought one of the reasons why he wanted to go out is because he wants to pee/poo. We've been in the wash room for about an hour. Should we stay longer? 2 hours? I was planning to practice it 20 mins after his every meal but I'm afraid that I'm doing it wrong or if I'm forgetting something so I wanted to consult you guys.

We're from the Philippines by the way. :) I'm happy I found this forum.

Excuse me if i got this wrong but you actually want him to do it inside? I want mine to do it outside therefore i bring them outside. Why do you want him to do it inside?

Just watch him and when he acts strange like walking in cirkles or goes from room to room then he problably looking for a place to do it then take him to his pee place and stand like a zombie if he does what he suppose to give him a treat and tell him how good he is. Shoul be around 1 hour between.

Thank you for your replies, yeeyee, Tanya, and Blaze. Yes we don't have a yard or a garden, and it'll be not so much of a mess inside the house if he'll be doing it in our "dirty wash room".

So considering your replies, I need to bring him to the washroom every hour? How long should we stay there? And how long until I bring him back to the washroom after the last time we went there?

Again, thank you for your replies. :)

Thank you for your replies, yeeyee, Tanya, and Blaze. Yes we don't have a yard or a garden, and it'll be not so much of a mess inside the house if he'll be doing it in the our "dirty wash room".

So considering your replies, I'll need to bring him to the washroom every hour? How long should we stay there? And how long until I bring him back to the washroom after the last time we went there?

Again, thank you for your replies. :)

Just every hour take him back to his spot to pee. I usually wait 5-10 minutes and if she doesn't go, I go back inside. Then I watch her like a hawk. Then just take her back when I see signs of needing to go to the bathroom. If he HAS to go inside, you should get him a pee pad I think. Might be easier ? To train and clean ? :eek:

When I had Phantom tied up on the back deck after getting the snip I made a makeshift doggy toilet with fake grass, anywho, long story short he wasnt going at all (and i knew he had to be busting) what finally taught him to use it was to grab some poop from where he was normally tied up and smear it where i wanted him to go. As soon as i made him sniff the fake grass again he peed like you wouldnt believe!

Taylor, I have another problem, I have school every day but I make sure that I got into it as soon as I'm home. My experience last time is that I bring him to the bathroom every hour and wait for 15 mins then we went out of the bathroom. As soon as we're out, he'd go back to the same spot where he'd always pee, so I dragged him back to the bathroom and again, he didn't do it for 15 mins. That repeated for 5 times when he lost my attention and finally peed to that spot. I was so frustrated that I forgot to watch him for that fifth time. But I guess I'll just have to continue.

Wait, once I see him going in circles, showing signs of him needing to pee, should I rush him to the bathroom and not go out of there until he pees?

Is there no where outside you can take him to potty? I know for poops and such...Fox really needs to get some movement going...that's not to say that it's impossible to just take him to a spot outside to pooh...but when he was younger the sure fire way of getting a dookie was sometimes just a fifteen minute walk...just make sure you have pooh bags with you....

@Fox, Maybe he's feeling claustrophobic int the bathroom.

Unfortunately, after you pass through the doorway there's only a little space (just as big as a single door laid on the floor)before the gate. We always close the door at night so if we're going to train him to pee/poop there, I'm afraid he'll be going back to the place where he would always do it inside the house.

Taylor, I have another problem, I have school every day but I make sure that I got into it as soon as I'm home. My experience last time is that I bring him to the bathroom every hour and wait for 15 mins then we went out of the bathroom. As soon as we're out, he'd go back to the same spot where he'd always pee, so I dragged him back to the bathroom and again, he didn't do it for 15 mins. That repeated for 5 times when he lost my attention and finally peed to that spot. I was so frustrated that I forgot to watch him for that fifth time. But I guess I'll just have to continue.

Wait, once I see him going in circles, showing signs of him needing to pee, should I rush him to the bathroom and not go out of there until he pees?

I have school everyday as well, and I keep Terra in her crate when I am there. Think into crate training perhaps ? Helps the potty training process.

And yes. He must learn no matter what that he has to go in THAT spot. As I said before, get a puppy pad or fake grass so he'll be able to see the difference in where to pee instead of just constantly going on the same surface; the floor. Its kind of like if you had a backyard, and he goes pee in the house (in this case he's going in the wrong room) and you instantly take him to the backyard (your case, the bathroom) and make sure he goes there and learns he needs to go outside to pee, not inside ! (In ur case again, the bathroom. xD) He should eventually get it, just like normal potty training. Goodluck !

....But the problem is I don't know how to.

Hello guys! I had King (he's 3 months old) just this sunday and I forgot to bring him where I want him to pee and poop right after our ride home. Yes, it's my fault :(. But I do want to train him while he's still young and it's just a week that he stayed here. First he pee-ed near the kitchen (area 1). That's his first. Then he had additional of 4 areas where he's doing it. Including our "dirty wash room" that's where I want him to do it all the time but having a total of 5 spots, It's just a 20% chance of him pee-ing/poop-ing in the wash room. I tried bringing him to the wash room with his leash on 20 mins after he had his dinner, and nothing happened. He's just protesting because he wants to go outside the wash room, but as Ceasar Milan always say, you should never let them win, and so I didn't let him but after his protest, he still hadn't pee-ed when I thought one of the reasons why he wanted to go out is because he wants to pee/poo. We've been in the wash room for about an hour. Should we stay longer? 2 hours? I was planning to practice it 20 mins after his every meal but I'm afraid that I'm doing it wrong or if I'm forgetting something so I wanted to consult you guys.

We're from the Philippines by the way. :) I'm happy I found this forum.

Only 3 months old so there is still a long way for him to go so don't worry too much or be too disheartened. Keep a close eye. If he looks like he is about to go inside, make a noise to distract him then whisk him away to his toilet spot. We use the command word 'toilet' and it still works now Teeko is fully grown. Puppy pads may well be a good idea if you really do want him to toilet indoors! Cleaner, less smelly etc...though he may decide to chew on them if left alone.

Good luck!

We're going through this at the mo with our 8 weeks olds - every hour outside, wait 15 mins, and then back in. If they haven't been outside, it's a case of watching their every move, and they still catch us out lol. They are so quick, if they need to go they go. Just remember fuss and treats for doing it in the right place, and ignoring when wrong.

It's just a case of getting into a habit (we haven't reared pups for 7 years, and had forgotten how long you can be waiting outside in the rain :D), and it's never the pups fault - they just want to please, and get their treats lol