What do I need?

Sid_Wolf

Ok so I'm planning a 30 mile run along peddlers walk with grey next month, not a fundraiser at this point, just fun for me and him :)

Im trying to list what I think i'll need for the 2 days, we'll be doing 15miles a day and camping the night at a halfway point.

So far I've got:

Tent (got)

Sleeping bag (got)

Warm clothes and proper shoes (got)

2 meals food for Grey

bowls for Grey - collapsible ones?

pocket tool kit for bike repairs (got one somewhere i think)

dog 1st aid kit (got)

human 1st aid kit

route map

Phone (got, has GPS)

CAMERA! (got)

harness, lines, walking belt, everyday lead (all got)

have I missed anything??

And would anyone like to join us?!

Just to add my two pence...

What kind of GPS system has your phone got? And how much do you really trust it?

I only ask because I also have "GPS" on my iPhone and it's about as much use as a chocolate teapot. Unless you already know the area I'd highly reccomend getting a proper GPS, even if it's as a backup in case your phone stopped working or if the worst comes to the worst and you get lost.

One that I've found to be usefull is the "GARMIN FORTREX 401" as it's wrist mounted just like a watch, I used one around Salisbury training area and it was a god send! (there are cheaper ones put there though lol, just look on any online "walking/climbing/army surplus store)

And it's one of those pieces of kit that will come in handy time and time and time again lOl

Waterproof, wet weather gear to go over your warm clothes.

Food for YOU !!

Thermos flask with hot water / soup would suggest one of each.

ordenance survey map and old style manual compass . .. just in case the GPS fails