Please help a Siberian Husky become the next face of Fido Canada!

ScubaJo

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good newsI got this e-mail :

We have reviewed our decision to remove entries that were not in compliance with the rules and regulations of the Fido Casting Call contest and apologize for any disappointment this has caused. All entries have now been added back into the contest and all entries reflect their position as of 5am today. Votes and entries submitted today will not be captured so we encourage those who participated to resubmit.

We want to be fair to everyone. At the end of the contest we will ensure the winning entry is in full compliance with the rules and regulations before awarding the grand prize. Any entries in question will be advised directly before the winner is announced. Chris@Fidomobile

So you can now vote for Marius and Piper again

http://www.fidocastingcall.ca/dogs/14700

http://www.fidocastingcall.ca/dogs/4853

voted again and nice to see that they have resolved whatever problem they had

Yeah :D alot of people are complaining now because they got higher up with all the other dogs removed and they put the other dogs back so they went back to the lower rank. Everyone went back to the same number they were at at 5am today so I personally think they should stop complaining :P

Good newsI got this e-mail :

We have reviewed our decision to remove entries that were not in compliance with the rules and regulations of the Fido Casting Call contest and apologize for any disappointment this has caused. All entries have now been added back into the contest...

The way I read that is: that any dogs that were removed were removed because they were "not in compliance with the rules and regulations..."

Piper was one of the removed dogs, so the organisers are saying Piper's entry is non-compliant. I think you need to ask them why it's not? Unless you sort that out, you can't win. :( (They said they'll check compliance before awarding the grand prize)

Just sussed it. One of the rules (regarding the photos used) states: "c) must be a horizontal shot with clear background;"

That's probably because they can then use the photo easily in promotional material.

So any photo that doesn't have a clear background won't win.:(

Just sussed it. One of the rules (regarding the photos used) states: "c) must be a horizontal shot with clear background;"

That's probably because they can then use the photo easily in promotional material.

So any photo that doesn't have a clear background won't win.:(

you think they would be doing a photo shoot or something with the dog if its the new face they would want more then one pose like in all their flyers :/ Alot of people were saying it was becasue people were multi voting by clearing their browser history :/ Marius got deleted and I wasnt even trying to win.

The way I read that is: that any dogs that were removed were removed because they were "not in compliance with the rules and regulations..."

Piper was one of the removed dogs, so the organisers are saying Piper's entry is non-compliant. I think you need to ask them why it's not? Unless you sort that out, you can't win. :( (They said they'll check compliance before awarding the grand prize)

I asked repeatedly asked Fido on their facebook page and also via email what it is that had caused Piper's removal - everyone is in non-compliance with the rules to some degree due to the unfortunate nature of the contests design - there was obviously criteria used in the mass deletion - so what was it? Because if they examine all the dogs at the end of the contest and use the same criteria, all the dogs that were removed are going to be tossed out of consideration again... so is this last push futile?

In all honesty - I don't think it was about the prize anymore for us - it's not like we need a bus ticket to Montreal to have her photo taken, with the amount of emails and traffic on this forum, Piper's face has hit more people than the winning prize will ever. The real fun was waking up each morning to see if the number beside her name had changed! The friends made along the way has been the real prize.

Well - I guess we can try...? Please keep voting for the Marius and Piper and spread the word through your networks too! We need all the help we can get to stay in our position! Thanks everyone!!!

http://www.fidocastingcall.ca/dogs/4853

http://www.fidocastingcall.ca/dogs/14700

Here's a photo series I did the day Piper met a Praying Mantis infront of our house.

post-3916-0-49485800-1366560974_thumb.jp

post-2915-13586000898067_thumb.jpg

Hi All

Just wanting you to know that I've been voting for Nikko & Piper daily.

We entered a dog ourselves, but he's no where near where Nikko or Piper is

Maybe you folks can give him a vote too!!! He is a distant cousin :) and if he finishes as the first chow, ( never mind the fido contest)... just chow with most votes, our Rescue gets a winfall of badly needed $$$ from a private sponsor.

http://fidocastingcall.ca/dogs/14755

Good luck all participants.

Hi All

Just wanting you to know that I've been voting for Nikko & Piper daily.

We entered a dog ourselves, but he's no where near where Nikko or Piper is

Maybe you folks can give him a vote too!!! He is a distant cousin :) and if he finishes as the first chow, ( never mind the fido contest)... just chow with most votes, our Rescue gets a winfall of badly needed $$$ from a private sponsor.

http://fidocastingcall.ca/dogs/14755

Good luck all participants.

aww cuuutte his name should be Jabba :P AAAAANNNNDDD u should also be voting for Marius :(

Voted for Piper, Wookie and Marius. Why still no picture of Piper?

Okay Wookie is WAYYY too cute - voted for Wookie and Marius!!

Definitely think Jabba would be a pretty good name too for Wookie.

Gill - oops - sorry about that, realized I had only inserted the thumbnail into the original post!

Here's Piper after she celebrated a little too hard after she had cracked the top ten:

post-143-0-56835900-1367076537_thumb.jpg

post-2915-13586001593695_thumb.jpg