Zoo owner sets exotic animals free, kills himself(Warning not graphic by emotional for exotic lovers

aronoiiel

I'm really not entirely sure what to think about this. At one stand point I'm upset that the animals had to lose their lives. On another if I had kids or outdoor pets I would applaud them for acting so quickly to save what lives they could I guess. I understand that tranquilized animals are unpredictable as I've seen where a bear took three darts and continued running full tilt for some time before succumbing to the dart. Very sad situation all around even for the owner to feel so trapped to do something like this :(

http://www.komonews.com/news/national/132140248.html

This wasn't a responsible pet owner...A few years ago he took lion cubs, and baby bear cubs to a FAMILY PET EXPO. The trouble is...that these weren't well handled or tame animals and they disrupted the entire event and actually made people fear for their safety. The people who put on the expo made it a point in future years to put 'Family DOMESTICATED Pets welcome'. If you read through the article or go through some of the other articles it does imply that there is more than one care taker...and it seems as if releasing the animals wasn't the act of a desperate person...rather it was an act of vindictiveness perhaps meant to teach the community/police a lesson for doing their duty (ie enforcing gun laws, exotic animal permits, etc).

I am sad that the animals had to be destroyed...but in a community setting leopards, tigers and grizzly bears running free in large numbers isn't something that ought to be risked. The man's loss of life in this sadly seems to be taking on less importance than the animals though...and it does bother me a bit when animal life takes priority in any sort of news article over human.

Didn't read the whole article, but I got the gist of it, I don't need to read something to put me down or get me mad, personal life does that enough. Same reason I don't watch the news, it's just a bunch of fear crap.

Yeah, why is it that nobody really seems to care THAT A MAN COMMITED SUICIDE? oh but no, the only thing sad here is the wild animals loose in a city being shot... I find both sad but definitely much worse that the guy killed himself, I can only imagine what his life must have been like... Growing up etc. For him to do that...

Anyways, on a lighter note, am I the only one who noticed that they seemed to try really hard to not say "lions and tigers and bears"? They said "Lions and tigers and leopards"... Even though there was a bear loose.

It is a sad situation - but I kind of got the idea that his release of the animals and even his suicide was more of a "$^@% you" to the authorities, than anything else... I don't know what else could be done with that many lions, tigers, leopards and bears out loose, where they could too-easily come into contact with people... :(

Sounds to me that they should have called Hanna in about 20 warnings ago and fixed this situation before it got this far, but no, they pushed the man to suicide through harassment by the sheriff who was just waiting for a hunt and maybe opened the cage doors themselves and then after the fact and backlash called Hanna in.

Then they lined the animals up like meat for the papers to take those gory pics !!! Bet if 38 deputies were killed they would not lay them out like that, so it looks to me like this was wanted!!!

Remember, petland rules the animal laws in ohio and nothing will ever change without their say so. They own all the politicians there. The cruelty of puppy mills goes on and on there with petlands blessings.