Bathing

Wolfie

Hi

we would like no enquire how often cshould we bath our husky as we dont want to do it 2 much as we understand they have natrual oils so cant be bathed to much. and also would anyone like to put up some photos of their husky in the bath hehe lol .

many thanks.;)

I've never been able to get a pic of mine in the bath - i get SOAKED when I bath my two lol

The good thing with huskies is that they keep themselves very clean so bathing is minimal :D

I haven't bathed mine for about 6 weeks and they were only done then as we were going to a husky meet

We do have to clean Zoya quite frequently due to her pension for digging. However, we confine this to her feet and a short way up her legs. Giving a Husky a complete bath with soap and water, should be done no more than three times a year. Twice a year is better, and once a year is great. Every two weeks, or even once a month is far to frequent. Elke, our last Husky had three baths her entire life of over 14 years. Once when she was sprayed by a skunk, once when she got into some horse puckies, and once when we had her professionally grommed. She never got smelly (well, there was that one time with the skunk and that other time when she got into the neighbor's horse barn).

We gave him a nice warm shallow bath today, as he was REALLY smelly, but he LOVED it!!!!

he was chasing bubbles, splashing around even rolling round on to his back!

never seen a dog like it in the bath lol.

we got him out he started pining next to the bath, this isnt normal is it?

I would only bathe him when absolutely necessary, Huskies are not smelly dogs and are very cat like in their grooming routine.

Ishka lived for 13 years and was only bathed twice, and one of those was when she was very near to the end and couldn't groom herself.

Kiana is 5 months and as yet is bath free and smells so fresh.

My cocker spaniel Ozzy on the other hand is a smelly so and so and gets bathed once a month by us and by the groomer every 6 weeks or so.

Steve

Hi

we would like no enquire how often cshould we bath our husky as we dont want to do it 2 much as we understand they have natrual oils so cant be bathed to much. and also would anyone like to put up some photos of their husky in the bath hehe lol .

many thanks.;)

Hey wolfie,

Siberians don't need to be bathed often -- doing so dries out their skin and coat.

If you must bathe your dog, do it once a month, max. Or once every couple of months. Your best bet in shampoo would be some sort of moisturizing dog shampoo.

If you live in a humid climate, you should ensure that they are thoroughly dried using a blow dryer. Otherwise, the moisture will remain trapped in their coat and harm their skin.

Siberian gets bathed about twice a year, usually in conjunction with the blowing (seasonal shedding) of his undercoat. Sibe fur is non-oily and doesn't attract and retain dirt and odors. Even if your Sibe takes a mud-bath, you CAN, if you want, simply put him in his kennel until he dries, then take him outside and brush him really well. Most of the dirt will fall out of his fur. Plus, Sibes do a lot of self-grooming. They lick their legs clean regularly.You could also just give them a regular rub down with a damp old cloth.

You do need to brush your Sibe often to ensure that his undercoat doesn't develop mats. Have a look at this it might help-

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/tips-to-properly-grooming-your-siberian-husky.html

Sorry had to copy this post info from somone else as I could not get the Link up (yahoo answers).

i Bath mine once a year right before it starts to get cold. just to wash off all the summer impurities and anything that could still be lingering in his coat from his pool. he lays in it offen and his coat holds water so he starts to stink. but i clean the pool two times a week.