Is she really not going to grow more?

Taylor Myers

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a little stunner you have there!

We found that Teeko would seem to stop growing and then suddenly we'd look at himone day and think he looked really skinny and leggy....growth spurt! He's a year now and I am dreading any more of these growth spurts! He'll be enormous!

But the new puppy is from a completely different line and we expect her to eb quite small in comparison.

Terra is absolutely gorgeous!!

1st off you have a very lovely husky! Love her color, especially down the back :) She may grow a bit more like some others have said. We got Kuma at approx 6 months and he has gotten a little taller and is starting to fill out now (he's a little over a year now) However he is a male lol so he'll be bigger than your girl. I'm not 100% but I think he's around 21-22ish inches and approx 45-50 pounds.

My girl, Hee-mang (Korean, means hope) will be 5 in December and only 16kg (35lb), but she was also the runt of the litter. Fun part is taking her to the vets here in Seoul (South Korea), they pretty much just know toy dogs and constantly yell at me about her weight. They know medium size breeds in general, which makes her look REALLY underweight to them, until I make them go look up Husky and they see that 35-50lb is average for a female so she's on the low end but within norms. Always fun to be accused of staving your dog, especially counting that she always has food available and only eats what she needs (except for fish snacks, she drools at the sight of those).

lets all keep in mind that huskys are supposed to be on the thiner side they have a metabolism like no other dog on this planet ....anf were bred this way for the ability to store energy for long distance

they can willingly burn off there fat or store it depending on the conditions ...

they can go forever on vary little food ........

rule of thumb is you should be able to feel there rib cage but not see it if you can see it your husky needs a few more pound

also if you want fluffyer wait till mid winter thats when the fluff is packed on

post-2387-0-54886900-1364469357_thumb.jp

husky 8months 40lb and wolf hybred 6 months and hes is 75lb u can kinda tell in this pick how a husky build is alot ,more compacked then say a malamute/articwolf x shepherd/timberwolf

hence why a husky most og the time will look thin is cuz they are ! they have really narrow waste .....makes there chest and legs look overly big

post-2926-1358599815375_thumb.jpg