increasing our pack to 3???

Roper1982

After reading a thread on here the other day, i was looking through pets4homes and my missus saw me on the site and immediatly got excited thinking i was going to be increasing our family... I told her that i wasnt and was just following a thread from the forums, amd i thought that would pasify her.

Well, i came home from work today to find her going through pets4homes and also some rehome/adoption sites and straight away she looked at me with"that look" which i think she has learnt from !Aya and Togo and i knew instantly what was going through her mind...

I have to try put on a "front" to her, telling her that now isnt the time, but i am finding it harder and harder to say No, because truth be told, id love another member to our lil pack...

I have a neighbour whom has a husky and i sometimes wish i could be like him, as he only has the one and never thought of anymore... yet here i am finding myself addicted to this breed and am struggling to keep saying no.

Not sure if i have a question to ask, but just thought i had to post what was going through my head.... If (and probably when) i find myself unable to say no, would it be wiser to look for a male or female, as i already have one of each and read alot about girls not getting along etc...

I got my male Mickey and then my female Cheyenne. The next to the pack was Mishka who is also female. Cheyenne and Mishka are positively attached at the hip. First week was a little rough, but after that it was if they were meant to be! I think it depends on the individual dogs. After Mishka my last 3 have all been male. No issues at all.

My husband feels the same as you do :) Whenever I mention it, he says no, and gives the reasons why - which is either financial, or the unknown factor which could possibly have a negative effect on our two 'perfect' huskies :rofl:

I know that if I find a husky I really, really want, I will be able to twist his arm, but he is the one paying the bills, so I will wait for him to say it's time - but I won't be holding my breath :(

I think it really depends on the dog. We got Embry first and brought Zoey home when Embry was around 13 months old and Zoey was 14 weeks. They've been inseparable since then, and never one fight :) They really love each other. When I get my 3rd I want to start showing so I want to get a male, but I know Embry would NOT be happy with another boy, especially one that isn't neutered as he tends to get pretty dominant..

My boyfriend doesn't want another one until one of our current pack passes, I'd love a third one now honestly. He says it's too much work, funny story, he doesn't help do anything so I'd love to know what kind of work he's doing with them lol.

I managed to put her off last night, but seeing the puppy pictures etc that she insisted on showing me was making it very hard to resist and i almost gave in at one point.. I have no doubt that sooner or later i am gona give in, and when i actually think about it, i actually get excited at the thought of increasing our lil pack, but i cant tell her that.

we are the same, when we found one we liked we were going to foster her and then maybe adopt her but the rescue wouldnt let us :( coz of my fence regardless the fact I have two! :confused: Anyways lets not get into that.

Now hes back into saying 3/4 years to get the third now :(

if ur 2 are trained well and to the point u want them to be then get a 3rd - however they are still fairly young arent they? n are yet to go thru their teenage stage

i would love a 3rd sibe (4th dog) but mum says not for another 2 or 3 years yet - or till we are back down to 2 dogs - even tho she admits skyla needs a friend to play with as then she would leave the boys alone to chill :(

They are like potato chips, you can't have just one!

When my mom finally let me get my first 2 huskies it was : "NO MORE DOGS OF ANY KIND!".

Now I'm going to be getting my 6th husky (that will make 10 dogs) sometime this fall or winter.

Ah the power of persuasion. :P This kind of face works well for that. :angel: