Should I go ahead and get her spayed?

kkendra

Hey all, I've booked Lola (6 months) in to get spayed tomorrow and now she's in season :(

I've been reading online and there's conflicting comments and I don't know what to do!

Called the vet and he said the surgery is more complicated but it won't affect the recovery period.

Is it safe for her to carry on with the surgery or should I cancel it and wait for her season to be over?

She's been acting weird and tired recently, I'm so worried!

It can be more of a risk since there is more blood flow going on. I got Siku done at the tail end of her season and she did fine. If you're worried, I'd just reschedule and keep a close eye on her. You'll probably see more loose male dogs in your area than you ever knew were out there!

It is somewhat riskier, but I've had bitches spayed during c-sections twice (also more blood in the uterus, so more risk of bleeding), and haven't had a problem. If you're concerned, and believe that you can keep her away from males straying in the area, cancel the surgery and reschedule for around 3 months from now, when everything will be back to normal in her system...

Hey guys, thanks for the advice!

My friend had her dog spayed while in heat by the same vet and she was fine after the surgery, so I decided to go ahead with it.

It's been 4 days and Lola is doing well, getting her energy back and dying to go the to the park.

Now I'm just hoping her fur will grow back soon, summer is coming in Aussie and I won't want her underbelly to get sunburnt haha

Hey guys, thanks for the advice!

My friend had her dog spayed while in heat by the same vet and she was fine after the surgery, so I decided to go ahead with it.

It's been 4 days and Lola is doing well, getting her energy back and dying to go the to the park.

Now I'm just hoping her fur will grow back soon, summer is coming in Aussie and I won't want her underbelly to get sunburnt haha

try suncream meant for babies