Big problem with my Husky

Benjiro

I'm having a big and depressing problem regarding my husky. Me and my family have overly exerted effort, attention and love to our husky. Now the problem is, I think he's already spoiled that he no longer listens to us. When I am training him, indoors and with leash on I get to have his full attention. However, I get depressed and disappointed when I bring him outside, because there seem to be nothing I can do to capture or get his attention when we're outdoors. I badly need help and suggestions.. :doglaugh::arghh:

Yes, I'm actually training him through clicker. It's effective when we're indoors, I definitely get his full attention, however when he's off leash or we're outdoors it becomes impossible to call his attention. Do you have any suggestions? Will it be better If I just call a handler or trainer? Instead of training him myself? As it is my first time also to train a dog

sounds pretty normal for a sibe! lmao

na in all seriousness what treats are you using? general rule is: more exciting the surroundings = the higher value the reward needs to be. So if your using biscuits indoors, you need something like chicken or sausage when outdoors

@Sid_Wolf 's suggestion definitely something to give a try to...I buy a small roast every couple of weeks...cut it up into small pieces, then ziploc it up into bags to use per day and put what isn't going to be used into the freezer...pull out a new one before you go to bed at night and put it in the fridge.

It runs about $10 a month for high value treats for two dogs...and they're what we use outdoors specifically for ignoring distractions and recall because well...Fox is spoiled and could care less about biscuts and dry treats...(srsly he gives them back to the vet via chomp chomp...ewwww...drop it on the ground and meander away)

I would sudgest the same as above. Also how much time does he get to spend outside? Maybe if you allow more out time it will be less interesting. Just a thought. Good luck! Rusty had always been a strictly outside pup so inside was the adhd moments. Once he got aclimated to the inside the attention span increased.

I would not advise having a trainer train your dog for you. He would quickly learn to do what the trainer wishes, but wouldn't necessarily (or likely, for that matter) do the same for you. If there are training classes you could attend which would train you and him together, that would be far more beneficial for both of you! High value treats - something he really thinks are great - much better than average, will be a big help, too. Good luck!

I also agree with what's been said. High value treats are a must.

Speaking of that, I'm going to try to work on Suka's recall training outdoors (he's awesome inside. He just gets distracted outside.)...but I'm hesitant at going to the dog park with the treats. Afraid I'm gonna get mobbed by a bunch of dogs...lol

I think the independence is a Husky trait. They hear you but only choose to obey if they feel like it or if they think there's a point to it.

He gets very excited whe it's walk time. I find a quick local pre-walk walk on leash gives him time to calm down before we go for a proper walk where he might be off-lead.

There are very few places safe enough to let him off though to be honest.

I think the independence is a Husky trait. They hear you but only choose to obey if they feel like it or if they think there's a point to it.

He gets very excited whe it's walk time. I find a quick local pre-walk walk on leash gives him time to calm down before we go for a proper walk where he might be off-lead.

There are very few places safe enough to let him off though to be honest.

Ye its a trait but they can still be trained away from it...mostly :P its like pulling everyone says "its in their blood to pull" Marius doesnt pull on walks he was trained from a tiny puppy not to pull so he just doesnt do it. Unless hes on a harness then he knows he can...aaaannnnd he does lol