WHY?!?!

loriam

so i haven't been lollygagging on the internets here nor there for the past, idk, forever because i've been a SUPER AWESOME student. last quarter i finished with a 3.5 gpa and i'm still going strong.

we're halfway through fall quarter right now. midterms are coming up. i come home from volunteering at the food bank (i'm a good effing person) and i check my email. the school admissions office has sent me an email informing me that i've been dropped from 3 of my 4 classes for non-payment. my instructors of those dropped classes have emailed me expressing their concern. and i look through my inbox and check my voicemails for a warning message. and there is none. just the one message saying, "just so you know, we dropped your arse today..." of course all offices are closed at this point so i can't call admissions, my advisor, or the va offices. when the quarter started, i turned in all the paperwork and even got a certification letter from the va. i have my schedule printed out that showed that my classes cost me nothing because they're paid for!

T-T

i've been studying and working hard all quarter and now i might not even get grades... so i cried. like a baby. it's sooo frustrating putting your all into something with nothing to show.

*exhale*

i'm sorry. i'm done now.

and for those of you who don't know, T-T is a crying face.

Take a deep breath, and know that colleges exist to 1) make money, and 2) screw up honest students' lives! Then tomorrow, with paperwork and certification letter from the VA, go in to your admissions office and clear it up! Sounds like it's their screw up, and they (if they're anything like the small university I've been attending) are pros at doing that! Good luck, and let us know how it went! :grouphug:

:grouphug:I agree with Gigi first and foremost deep breathe. I've never had the privilege of going to college but the number one consistent in this life (and country for that matter) is that hard work usually pays off AFTER you fix some idiots mistakes :rolleyes: I can understand the frustration and near tears though I'd be hoppin mad leaving some rather unpleasant voice mails lol so kudos to you keeping it down on the level :D Let us know when you get it cleared up though

i think the va and the college take turns at getting my goat. every quarter since i've been back to school there has been some problem with something. it does make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know that there are people who have shared my concerns in this situation and have had similar experiences. it makes me feel less alone on the whole thing. thank you guys so much for your support.

and YES, Al Jones, this quarter i'm trying for a 4.0 to raise my gpa. i haven't missed an assignment or classes at all (i've been late a few times but tardies don't count!!!) and i haven't scored less than 95% on all my chapter tests and quizzes for all of my classes. excelling at self-discipline and motivation right here!!!

<< snipped >>

and YES, Al Jones, this quarter i'm trying for a 4.0 to raise my gpa. i haven't missed an assignment or classes at all (i've been late a few times but tardies don't count!!!) and i haven't scored less than 95% on all my chapter tests and quizzes for all of my classes. excelling at self-discipline and motivation right here!!!

Excellent!!! Keep it up!!!

this morning i went to admissions. they looked up my stuff and the woman actually said, "oops!" whoever was dropping people yesterday mistyped one of the student id numbers so i was dropped by accident.

i'm soo so soo relieved.

'ooops' ???!!! Lol I'm surprised your head didn't explode!

Aww I'm glad its all sorted out. Good luck in your mid terms! :clap: