RSPCA Sieze 56 huskies and other animals

The RSPCA have removed 56 huskies and other animals from a property in Somerset. All the Husky rescues are on standby for a major overwelming!!

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fuk-england-somerset-15451362&h=YAQEaU1_5AQG7sSvU-YEx3nCaYg0lSSbPVAQ9QjchPYoLcA

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately they are unlikely to be up for rehoming for a very long time. Until they've been to court (or the owner willingly surrenders them), the animals still technically belong to the original owner and cannot be rehomed. This happened with a GSD breeder called Dr Helen Hein. The seized dogs remained in kennels across the country for over a year. The ones I knew about then quietly disappeared when the case had been heard. The RSPCA would not allow anyone access to the dogs so they lost their social skills and at the end of the case were deemed by the RSPCA to be unhomeable. :(

Unfortunately they are unlikely to be up for rehoming for a very long time. Until they've been to court (or the owner willingly surrenders them), the animals still technically belong to the original owner and cannot be rehomed. This happened with a GSD breeder called Dr Helen Hein. The seized dogs remained in kennels across the country for over a year. The ones I knew about then quietly disappeared when the case had been heard. The RSPCA would not allow anyone access to the dogs so they lost their social skills and at the end of the case were deemed by the RSPCA to be unhomeable. :(

no you are kidding me mike?? thats 56 huskies basically condemmed?

Call me cynical but I wonder if this is one of the so called rescue places :(

no it's not Dunc. We do know that the couple were interested in fostering one of the HiN dogs I transported but after seeing pics on their FB page Julie (@jules dief taz tor ) who was fosterer had her reservations which were passed on and they were deemed unsuitable fosterers/adopters. I was wary when he said he wanted him "to add to his collection" and Julie said non of the dogs looked happy in their pics.

So so glad Julie passed her reservations on and now Saber is in a loving home in Scotland instead :D

We do know that the couple were interested in fostering one of the HiN dogs I transported but after seeing pics on their FB page ...

Maybe I've misunderstood: are 'the couple' that you refer to the people in Minehead who had 56 dogs taken away? If so could you PM me with a link to their FB page please! And are they members on here?

Maybe I've misunderstood: are 'the couple' that you refer to the people in Minehead who had 56 dogs taken away? If so could you PM me with a link to their FB page please! And are they members on here?

no @mike_p you didn't misunderstand - a normal residential house! re FB i'm not "their friend" (phew!) LOL and no, they aren't on here :D

I have attempted to contact the RSPCA. The local RSPCA shelter confirmed a couple of aspects but couldn't give me as much as I wanted, but suggested I call the central number.

Meanwhile with help from someone else on this board, I've identified the people involved and I believe I now have their address and phone number. I now want to see if I can persuade the people to surrender the dogs voluntarily rather than wait for the long court process to reach it's conclusion. Once the dogs have been surrendered, then they've got a far better chance of surviving.

I have attempted to contact the RSPCA. The local RSPCA shelter confirmed a couple of aspects but couldn't give me as much as I wanted, but suggested I call the central number.

Meanwhile with help from someone else on this board, I've identified the people involved and I believe I now have their address and phone number. I now want to see if I can persuade the people to surrender the dogs voluntarily rather than wait for the long court process to reach it's conclusion. Once the dogs have been surrendered, then they've got a far better chance of surviving.

excellent work Mike well done. xx