Hi from a newbie

LJB

Hello, just thought I would introduce myself, my name is Lisa and I am just about to become a new mum to Shadow, a GSD x Husky, he is aprox 4 years old and unfortunately he was no longer required in his old home so ended up in a rescue shelter. I am collecting him this Saturday and sooo excited!

I have always had GSD's but sadly lost my 13 year old this May, so thought I would give a home to someone who needs a second chance. I have had rescue dogs before but never a husky, so have been doing lots of research into what I might be letting myself in for and come across this site :) and very helpfull it has been too.

My garden is GSD proof as my old boy liked to live out, but that is definately not going to be an option with Shadow!

Well only 2 more sleeps to go :D

Thanks for your time

Lisa :)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome lisa well done on rescuing shadow would love to see pix of him when hes settled in with u x

I would love a nice pic of him too lol, the only one that I could get is our profile pic, and that took several attempts! (it is also my display pic on my phone and work pc too :D)

Thanks for the welcome

Thanks all, hubby has never had a second chance dog before so he is rather worried about why it ended up a second chancer! No doubt we will find out at some point ;) the lady that has been looking after him said he has been a sweetie the couple of weeks that he has been at her kennels, clean at night, no sign of any destruction or aggression, so who knows why he ended up there :shrug:but he will have a forever home with us whatever

Welcome Lisa & Shadow! We adopted for the first time last April and have not regretted it. Eisa turned out to be an absolute angel. She's the perfect compliment to my little devil Zoya. :D As much as I love husky puppies, I would certainly consider adopting again if the right one comes along. Can't wait to see pics of Shadow. :)

Well he has arrived! I am so shocked at how good he is, a real sweetie at the moment. Already he is off the lead in the garden and coming when called (that must be the GSD in him lol) Although last night he showed his husky side when hubby told him to go out of the lounge, he laid down, put his ears back and totally ignored him, when hubby got a bit firmer with him, he just rolled over and waved his paw at him. At the moment that is his little trick if he doesn't want to do what you ask he just offers his paws, sooo cute! Although he hates it if he can't see us, if we go out of the room he whines, and if I go outside without him he howls like a bloody wolf! He can open doors too, we put him to bed last night, he whined for a bit then all of a sudden the bedroom door opened and in he came, laid down on the floor by the bed and never heard another peep out of him............little bugger :). I will post some more pics up when I can get away from him long enough to do so, he's such a mummy's boy already :D

Well he definately got out the wrong side of the bed this morning :jawdrop: !!! He has started grumbling at my son, just a rumble in his throat, then he tried it with me and got promptly sent to his bed! Not sure if this is something to be a bit concerned about or if he is a bit off colour today, didn't want his breakie and is just laying on his bed all quiet and subdued. Whether the change of environment is starting to kick in or whether he is feeling abit low I don't know, unfortunately the kennels I got him from had a rescue dog with kennel cough come in, so Shadow may be coming down with the lurgy :( no signs of a cough yet, and I have antibiotics at the ready. I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Well he definately got out the wrong side of the bed this morning :jawdrop: !!! He has started grumbling at my son, just a rumble in his throat, then he tried it with me and got promptly sent to his bed! Not sure if this is something to be a bit concerned about or if he is a bit off colour today, didn't want his breakie and is just laying on his bed all quiet and subdued. Whether the change of environment is starting to kick in or whether he is feeling abit low I don't know, unfortunately the kennels I got him from had a rescue dog with kennel cough come in, so Shadow may be coming down with the lurgy :( no signs of a cough yet, and I have antibiotics at the ready. I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

maybe he just feels a bit poorly. When mine dont feel well they dont eat their food and lie miserably.

I hope so Louise, I did notice he is't carrying his tail over his back today, it is just droopy, he does look abit sorry for himself. He is going to be neutered next week so that may help if the grumbling is a dominance thing, he's been here 3 days now so he may be starting to get his paws under the table!