goddamn inlaws

Storm Angel n Auroras Mum

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So I know its ages away but I asked the mother in law if she thought the stupid father in law would allow a female friend to stay in the house to look after the dogs in June when we go away.

No I dont think so she says! WHAT THE F&&&???????

A female, in the house which is full or our stuff!!!!!

What the hell???

SHe says well if something happens to the house. Ok I know we dont own it rub it in some more why dont she!

WHAT THE HELL DOES SHE THINK SHES GOING TO DO???

BURN IT DOWN??????

:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

I swear they are the bane of my life they really are!

What are we supposed to do with the dogs???? And please dont say take them with you, we cant.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Looks like you will have to cancel the getaway, we have the same problem, most of our away days are done so we can take the dogs, the joy of being pet owners.:shithappens:

its not abroad but we have already paid for most it and its the kids holiday so how is that fair? WE ARE GOING THE INLAWS CAN KISS MY ^&*

thats abit harsh on you and ur kids - all its gonna b is sum1 chilling in ur house walking and feeding ur dogs and watching tv - thats all i did when i house sat lol

woke up walked dog , watched tv (went online) lunch for me n dog (i brought my own food) then more tv time - walk dog again dinner tv again n bed (nt including me walking home to walk my dogs) whats the worst that could happen!?

not a nice situation for you at all. I have to say all our holidays are now based on where we can go with our dogs and fortunately the kids are ok with that. A few friends have offered to take the dogs for us but I just wouldn't trust their kids not to let Storm out. Maybe yout hubby can convince them between now and then.

What's up with kennels ?

We untill we got Wolf was going aborad 3-4 times a year we used to put Saskia in kennels and tried it once with Wolf but he fretted and did not eat for 2 weeks :( since then we have not been away without them.

Marc & Sarah was the same and since they got Kimba there 1st dog have never gone away without them , WHY ?

Because by owning any animal comes a response ability ( your response ability ).

How come you paid and booked for a holiday without sorting your dogs out 1st :(

Not having a go at you Louise but you can't blame the in-laws for you not asking 1st :(

p.s I got an idea bring the kids and dogs to camp that can be there holiday :)

we are lucky to have jamies mum and dad living with us at the moment, and both our family are dog lovers, and they are happy to look after out boys but by next year we are getting married and we will have no option to put our boys into kennels.

We are hoping to have a place of our own next year also which will mean we wont be going away without the dogs very often unless we can sort them being looked after properly before we book.

is there no kennels near you that will take your dogs?

What's up with kennels ?

We untill we got Wolf was going aborad 3-4 times a year we used to put Saskia in kennels and tried it once with Wolf but he fretted and did not eat for 2 weeks :( since then we have not been away without them.

Marc & Sarah was the same and since they got Kimba there 1st dog have never gone away without them , WHY ?

Because by owning any animal comes a response ability ( your response ability ).

How come you paid and booked for a holiday without sorting your dogs out 1st :(

Not having a go at you Louise but you can't blame the in-laws for you not asking 1st :(

p.s I got an idea bring the kids and dogs to camp that can be there holiday :)

well really its our stuff in the house so I guess I cant see why its a problem, its not like shes going to burn the house down. and my husband does own part of it.

How come you paid and booked for a holiday without sorting your dogs out 1st - because we arent rich and have to book each time we are away, its the only way we can afford it.

WHen we go away with the kids we like to take them places, zoos, etc etc and if we take the dogs we cant. We cant leave them in a caravan on their own for the whole day.

Im trying to have the best of both worlds so shoot me for that if you wish - a holiday for the kids doing things the kids like and a holiday for the dogs (ie camp).

p.s I got an idea bring the kids and dogs to camp that can be there holiday - car isnt big enough!!!! we need a blooming hearse or a huge van to fit the kids and dogs and stuff in the car! including a tent!! TBH my kids wouldnt like camp one bit, theyre not like that really.

as for the kennels well it may have to be an option but tbh Id rather not, Ideally Id want someone I can trust to have them.

I guess It just bugs me why I cant have a friend I trust stay in my home to look after my dogs.

Do you pay them rent? Do you have to ask them every time guests come over?

June is plenty of time to sort something out and/or work on them, so deep, calming breaths! Have your husband deal with them - they're his parents! He could ask them what they think you should do with the dogs while you go on vacation. Ask them honestly what they think your trusted friend is going to do to the house! What will happen if "something happens" to the house with her in it versus you in it? Break it down for them and make them give you a rational - and descriptive! - reason why your friend can't watch the dogs. Keep the discussion calm, cool and respectful and they'll probably come around!

Do you pay them rent? Do you have to ask them every time guests come over?

June is plenty of time to sort something out and/or work on them, so deep, calming breaths! Have your husband deal with them - they're his parents! He could ask them what they think you should do with the dogs while you go on vacation. Ask them honestly what they think your trusted friend is going to do to the house! What will happen if "something happens" to the house with her in it versus you in it? Break it down for them and make them give you a rational - and descriptive! - reason why your friend can't watch the dogs. Keep the discussion calm, cool and respectful and they'll probably come around!

thanks for the advice.

Honestly the FIL wont take me anywhere in the car without the MIL either, god knows why!

we dont pay rent as the house is owned outright, the mortgage is paid off and the BIL who owns most of the house lives next door with the parents.

i wouldn't have asked them i would of told them. im in the same situation with regards to limiting stuff in this house cause my nan owns it, but usually i just do whatever i want, and she has a go at me, but either comes round to the idea or gives up telling me in the end.

however.

i don't go away without the dogs, and you should have had it sorted before you booked it really. i have 3 holidays a year husky camps april, 2 weeks with the dogs n robs family camping, and oct husky camp, dogs come with us every time!

i wouldn't have asked them i would of told them. im in the same situation with regards to limiting stuff in this house cause my nan owns it, but usually i just do whatever i want, and she has a go at me, but either comes round to the idea or gives up telling me in the end.

however.

i don't go away without the dogs, and you should have had it sorted before you booked it really. i have 3 holidays a year husky camps april, 2 weeks with the dogs n robs family camping, and oct husky camp, dogs come with us every time!

however you dont have kids

um well they live next door so they would know lol

Isn't it yuour house? Your choice? If nyes....then pu your foot down. All hell would break loose if my parents tried to tell me what to doa nd what not to do in my own home. (My dad told me not to get a husky....I now have 2 and both will be better behaved than his whippet so nuh nuh :P)