Dog in heat argh

Sarah

Next door neighbours dog is in heat and I have 3 in tact males :duh:

She's a springer spaniel and has actually jumped the fence to get to my boys once already!

Koda is currently howling and pacing but Kimba and Kaiser aren't bothered at all :rolleyes:

Any ideas on how to calm him down?

I know what ur going through! My next door neighbour has a little westie thing that's in heat, and Logan has done nothing but whine for te past like 3 days :-(

He is already an escapist, so she just isn't helping at all :-(

Best thing I can advise is long walks, that's what I'm doing, it gets him away from the smell and temptation, its driving me potty!

good luck !

★ Emma & Cookie ★

I know what ur going through! My next door neighbour has a little westie thing that's in heat, and Logan has done nothing but whine for te past like 3 days :-(

He is already an escapist, so she just isn't helping at all :-(

Best thing I can advise is long walks, that's what I'm doing, it gets him away from the smell and temptation, its driving me potty!

good luck !

★ Emma & Cookie ★

long walks at 11.40pm ? lol taking them out for a bloody long walk tomorrow and at this rate will put cotton wool up his nose so he can't smell her lol (joking obviously lol)

Ummmm isn't your neighbor keeping their dog indoors while in heat...ya know to keep some randy manly dog from hopping the fence and making sweet doggie love to her?

tell me about it! Luckily our side is lower down so the fence on her side is about 7 foot high - he hasn't cleared it...yet...but when they're out back they're watched

What a pain. Have you spoken to your neighbor? May not do any good, especially if your neighbor is like some people who don't want to be neighborly. We've not had to deal with that problem.

Good luck! You can try putting something that smells strongly, such as Vicks Vaporub (menthol odor) on his nose - I understand that at some point, however, they do start to associate that smell with "girl in heat", and it doesn't work very well anymore...

Next door neighbours dog is in heat and I have 3 in tact males :duh:

Any ideas on how to calm him down?

oh so much fun!!!!!!!!!

Luckily the red setter next to us has been spayed so dont have that problem.

When she did come into season ages ago my 3 went wild and constantly tried to get to her. All we did was took them on longer walks so they were more tierd but that didnt do alot :rolleyes:

All we did was tried our best to keep them calm. Luckily for us our neighbour kept her indoors alot of the time and took her away to walk her so it wasnt too bad.