cuerdon 30/10/11

Vlad

have you adopted him now ?

have you adopted him now ?

No, not yet. We are going to keep him with us for this week, see how the are when they have more time alone together and see how that goes. I can't really see any problem though, they are both out of cages at night to wander round the hall stairs and landing with no problems at all. It is just going to be the same thing bit during the day. They do get on really well though and Loki does seem to know his name, although he doesn't come when u shout him, he does at least acknowledge that he has heard you!!!!! He does know what he is being told, it is just taking him a long time to decide if he actually wants to do it, just like luka when we were training him!!!!! It can only get better

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, not yet. We are going to keep him with us for this week, see how the are when they have more time alone together and see how that goes. I can't really see any problem though, they are both out of cages at night to wander round the hall stairs and landing with no problems at all. It is just going to be the same thing bit during the day. They do get on really well though and Loki does seem to know his name, although he doesn't come when u shout him, he does at least acknowledge that he has heard you!!!!! He does know what he is being told, it is just taking him a long time to decide if he actually wants to do it, just like luka when we were training him!!!!! It can only get better

cool all the best

It sounds like Loki is settling in okay and is showing you just how much he likes to think he is boss and will only do things when he sees fit, bless him, I reading this does make me smile, yep he does know his name, especially when you say it whilst shaking a packet of anything tasty

hahaha, yeah - it has to be something tasty though - none of these old normal biscuits for him - the gravy covered ones or the soft, meaty ones - its funny to give Luka and Loki a normal biscuit, only for Loki to spit his one out and Luka divebombs to get it off the floor!!!!

Left them on their own for the first time yesterday - Loki tore a hole in a sports bag that we use to take treats and drinks out with us on walks (my fault for leaving it about), had a wee up the wall and managed to get into my sons closed bedroom which set off the house alarm. (we think that maybe he was a bit scared by the alarm and he had a wee - either that or it was because he wasnt happy about being left alone!!!) If Im honest, I expected a bit more to happen so I'm pleasantly suprised. Walking him at the minute is hard, he pulls quite a lot which is a bit of a strain on the old back, but Luka does the same thing at this time of year because the fireworks freak him out and Loki doesnt seem to like them either so we are thinking that it might be the case of them being a bit frightened. He is funny though, he gowl/howls when you come in like he is happy to see you (hope that is why he is doing it) and Luka stands next to him not quite knowing what to do (he is the quiet one)!!!!!!

hahaha, yeah - it has to be something tasty though - none of these old normal biscuits for him - the gravy covered ones or the soft, meaty ones - its funny to give Luka and Loki a normal biscuit, only for Loki to spit his one out and Luka divebombs to get it off the floor!!!!

Left them on their own for the first time yesterday - Loki tore a hole in a sports bag that we use to take treats and drinks out with us on walks (my fault for leaving it about), had a wee up the wall and managed to get into my sons closed bedroom which set off the house alarm. (we think that maybe he was a bit scared by the alarm and he had a wee - either that or it was because he wasnt happy about being left alone!!!) If Im honest, I expected a bit more to happen so I'm pleasantly suprised. Walking him at the minute is hard, he pulls quite a lot which is a bit of a strain on the old back, but Luka does the same thing at this time of year because the fireworks freak him out and Loki doesnt seem to like them either so we are thinking that it might be the case of them being a bit frightened. He is funny though, he gowl/howls when you come in like he is happy to see you (hope that is why he is doing it) and Luka stands next to him not quite knowing what to do (he is the quiet one)!!!!!!

ha ha yep that's the Loki I know and love, he always grumbles when he first sees you, its his way of saying hello, I bet he does the bear dance as well. he used to pee up my kitchen cabinets if I wasn't in to let him out, he will also drink like a fish and then pee for England, for some reason he used to drink loads when he was upset about something,

He didn't like loud noises when he was with me either, I did tell Pete this so that whoever had him would be warned, He actually pulled me off my feet once when he got frightened by a loud noise and it took quite awhile for him to calm down, I had to turn all the door handles upside down as he is incredibly clever and managed to get into everything. He opens drawer if the have any type of handle just to see what's in it, Most of my wooden furniture has Loki teeth marks in it. He gets bored so easily as well and as you have seen he hates to be left on his own, He used to follow me to the bathroom. He also loves staring out of a window, He used to spend hours doing so whilst he was here. He can open zips on bags as he did the bag trick with me several times.

I know he pulls loads, I ended up having to put him on a halti which was sent with him as I could not cope with him without it, He does hate it though and would run if I got it down of the peg.

I do hope you still want him though as he is such a loving dog even if he is trying to push his luck, he's probably just trying to find out how much he can can away with. I am happy that there isn't any problems between the dogs, has he started tormenting luka yet and trying to get him to play, he was normally the vocal one here as he loves to play and run, it did get pretty mental with two of them jumping off the furniture etc