Ugh, They lost Loki!!

Kroush

TWICE last night. I am so mad.

My mother has been watching Loki (big predicament trying to get him back, don't ask) and they have lost him numerous times. She has a faulty fence and KNOWS that, everyone there does and they all KNOW they can't let Loki out without watching him or he'll run away.

Last night, my brother(or his friend, I wasn't there at this point) lets Loki run out the front door. He's gone. I come over wit my daughter for halloween trick or treating (So it's late, it's about 8:20) only to pull up in the driveway and my mom telling me "Loki is gone" WHAT?! Don't they ever learn?! They can't keep losing my dog! They KNOW they have to watch him!! It's not like this is the first time! So it's about an hour and they find Loki out in the wood and bring him back. I'm really P1$$3d at this point, but I decide to let it go. Mistakes can happen. My husband has let him out the door on accident before. Okay, at least he's safe, right?

But then we're done trick or treating, my step-dad has let the dogs out and gone to bed. Now it's about 11:00 and I asked if Loki was sleeping with him because he's not allowed to be on furniture and I've told them to make him sleep in his crate so he isn't untrained when I get him back. He isn't downstairs, which he usually is at night. She says "No, he's usually downstairs" I tell her I haven't seen him downstairs (I always cook a dessert when I come over and he's usually in the kitchen with me) she goes upstairs and he's not there. She goes outside and the fence has been broken again. Loki is gone.

One time, okay, maybe I can get over that but TWICE? In one night?! You'd think the first time they'd be more alert and not be so negligent! They know he can't be outside by himself! Yet they leave him by himself anyway! And okay, maybe you have to pee or something and can't watch, you can at LEAST check if he comes back in when you let the other dogs back in!! WTF. So my husband and her start driving around the neighborhood and finally find him at 1:00am I can't go look because I have the baby so I have to just stress waiting that they've lost my dog again. A husky at that, who does NOT do recall. They found him at a neighbor's house because he wanted to play with her dogs- luckily I have him microchipped and have his tags melded onto his collar so they can't get lost. But what if he was hit by a car? Ugh... I'm so mad. I want my dog back, I can't deal with this negligence but getting him back has been a horrible spiral that just keeps going in the same circle.

Part of me says I can't blame them too much, they're looking after him, I should be responsible for my own dog. But at the same time, they can't just be negligent and get him lost and killed. I pay for all his food and vet visits still. I buy his toys and treats still. ugh... I'm just glad he's okay this time, but what about today or tomorrow?

hes ur dog - but ur their daughter n as their daughter they should know how much he means to you and do everything possible to look after him for u untill u can have him back with u

im sooo glad u got him back the times he has escaped - n like u said hasnt been hit by a car

:(

Ugh Kristina I know. When i'm at work and my dad isn't working he pops in and lets them out. NUMEROUS times i've come home to my girls in the backyard freaking out while everyone else is inside. Thankfully they don't dig out or climb but ugh it makes me so mad, I hope Loki can come home soon I miss his pictures :)

Ugh Kristina I know. When i'm at work and my dad isn't working he pops in and lets them out. NUMEROUS times i've come home to my girls in the backyard freaking out while everyone else is inside. Thankfully they don't dig out or climb but ugh it makes me so mad, I hope Loki can come home soon I miss his pictures :)

I don't think my husband likes Loki. (dogs in general) which makes it really hard to get him back. A husky was the dog he picked out when we talked about it, but he doesn't like him touching him, petting him, being licked or breathed on or when Loki puts his head in his lap. My mom talks like he's her dog and doesn't want to give him up, but they don't listen to me and won't take care of him like I asked. Will doesn't want him in the apartment but i can't have him getting lost all the time, one of these times he might not be so lucky.

I'm so torn. I want my dog :(

I don't think my husband likes Loki. (dogs in general) which makes it really hard to get him back. A husky was the dog he picked out when we talked about it, but he doesn't like him touching him, petting him, being licked or breathed on or when Loki puts his head in his lap. My mom talks like he's her dog and doesn't want to give him up, but they don't listen to me and won't take care of him like I asked. Will doesn't want him in the apartment but i can't have him getting lost all the time, one of these times he might not be so lucky.

I'm so torn. I want my dog :(

That's crappy Kristina :( I'm sorry. I know how it feels about your mom. Seamus takes extended vacations with my grandma and aunt because he just makes me insane and I need a break. They refuse to listen to anything I say about caring for him and it pisses me off that I have to take 10-15lbs off the dog every time he comes back from "vacation." They know his hips/knees are bad and keeping him skinny is necessary. But they don't care- they do what they want. So i'm right there with you!