Fireworks

Dave

So Kodi doesn't mind fireworks, he goes outside to watch them in fact but I am looking after my sisters Staffi 'Buster' (aka Kodi's bestest mate) this weekend and he hates bangs (and net curtains strangely lol)

I am hoping that Kodi will be a calming influence on him and help him out when he gets scared of the bangs.

Am I thinking way outside of the box when thinking this or is it realistic?

What you don't want is Kodi picking up on Busters fear and then starting to react that way too.

I am soo lucky that both my huskies are fine with fireworks,and the cat too for that matter.

When I first got Blue,last year this wasn't the case as he was afraid of lound noise,mainly thunder.

I helps to remain calm as they do look to you for assurance and to see what your reaction is to the noise.

I think another thing that has helped,is that for months people have been using fireworks round this area to celebrate weddings,day and night,and this has definitely had a desensitizing effect on the boys.

Good luck and I hope Kodis' energy wins through!

DAP spray

bings is TERRIFIED of fireworks

the others dont care at all

the DAP spray (now called aDAPtil) and it helps bings stop trembling and panting n actually helps him sleep thru it

Ah bless him!hope he is ok this weekend.

It's so hard,but when they're scared of something,you can't comfort them or it makes them worse-which is sooo against our human instincts.

Max is terrified of the car and SCREAMS on the way to a walk,but is fine on the way back.,we have to stop the car and he has to go to the toilet with fright.

When we arrive at the destination,and he gets out the car,he still carries on,and other dog walkers clear the area in fear of this raging wolf!!!!

I tel them he is the most gentle soul,who doesn't like the car.

5 mins later he is having a great time!

Talking to him makes it worse so I have to be really calm and give him treats when he stops,ignoring the screaming.

I tried herbal tablets,Dap collar,he's still bad.

When Blue has severe S/A the vet gave up the DAP diffuser and Blue knocked it out the socket on the landing!

The spray sounds to be more effective from the way it calms Bing down.

Ah bless him!hope he is ok this weekend.

It's so hard,but when they're scared of something,you can't comfort them or it makes them worse-which is sooo against our human instincts.

Max is terrified of the car and SCREAMS on the way to a walk,but is fine on the way back.,we have to stop the car and he has to go to the toilet with fright.

When we arrive at the destination,and he gets out the car,he still carries on,and other dog walkers clear the area in fear of this raging wolf!!!!

I tel them he is the most gentle soul,who doesn't like the car.

5 mins later he is having a great time!

Talking to him makes it worse so I have to be really calm and give him treats when he stops,ignoring the screaming.

I tried herbal tablets,Dap collar,he's still bad.

When Blue has severe S/A the vet gave up the DAP diffuser and Blue knocked it out the socket on the landing!

The spray sounds to be more effective from the way it calms Bing down.

he wont b but hopefully the dap will help him - usually does - its so hard not to cuddle him specially when he looks at me with his big terrified sad eyes :(