fleas!!

Nicole

so i never thought this would happen! i keep upto date with maya's flea prevention shes get the spot on that goes on her neck , well she has fleas! iv flea bathed her and combed her the past few days and bought the spray to put on her , she seems clear now but there in my house! :( we got the flea fogger and it seemed to have worked for the first 2-3 days but last night i had white socks on and i seen two on me! :( safe to say i did not sleep , total stressed and paranoid bout it, went to tesco late last night and got the bob martin all in one purpose spray n sprayed it around most of the flat n carpets , washed the bedsheets last night too! hoovering up today , but will these products work? is there anythin else i can do , not wantin my son to get bit or anything! feel total disgusting :( grrr x

so i never thought this would happen! i keep upto date with maya's flea prevention shes get the spot on that goes on her neck , well she has fleas! iv flea bathed her and combed her the past few days and bought the spray to put on her , she seems clear now but there in my house! :( we got the flea fogger and it seemed to have worked for the first 2-3 days but last night i had white socks on and i seen two on me! :( safe to say i did not sleep , total stressed and paranoid bout it, went to tesco late last night and got the bob martin all in one purpose spray n sprayed it around most of the flat n carpets , washed the bedsheets last night too! hoovering up today , but will these products work? is there anythin else i can do , not wantin my son to get bit or anything! feel total disgusting :( grrr x

oh no :( problem is they live in the carpet so it takes ages to get rid of them. took us months only now can I safely say we are flea free, I think.............................. we used frontline on the dogs and eventually they jump on bite the dog and die but it took ages

oh no :( problem is they live in the carpet so it takes ages to get rid of them. took us months only now can I safely say we are flea free, I think.............................. we used frontline on the dogs and eventually they jump on bite the dog and die but it took ages

did you just use frontline? there nasty lil things give me the creeps :( i heard theres an outbrake on them becos of the heating going on for the winter? x

did you just use frontline? there nasty lil things give me the creeps :( i heard theres an outbrake on them becos of the heating going on for the winter? x

we used a shake and vac stuff too we better not get them again urgh

been hearing the powder is good , alot of reviews on line say bob martins products dont do anything , might nip to pets at home tonight! :)

yeah steer clear of bobmartins stuff

do the shake and vac in the night and vac in the morning

Remember that with fleas you can't kill the eggs!!! It's a two or three step process to get rid of them. Obviously keep the dog protected. Run a good anti-flea product over the floor / beds / anyplace / everyplace. Then repeat in about a week ( I *think* it's a week from the time the eggs are laid till they hatch). Repeat until the are gone!

(( I'd go look things up but my hands are freezing - we've almost gotten up to 60 today and I'm cold --- remember I'm used to temps in the 90's or better!!! ))

any recomidations on a good product? we only did the flea bomber n the spray last night the bomber was a couple of days ago n it was like it brought them out! , we leave her in a week i just dont want bit in the meantime lol

Not from me - I'm on the other side of the pond. Some good Brit (if you can find one) should be able to help. << ducking!! >>

Speaking about the Brit's, where are they today????

I use Acclaim household flea spray. (Kills house dust mites as well.) It costs about £12.00 from Pets at home.

You spray the carpets/dog bedding etc and vacate the house for at least half an hour. All animals and people (except the sprayer) must be out of the room that is being sprayed. I basically do it when we are all about to go out. They go to the car with the dog, and I spray the lounge (with my nose/mouth covered) then return to the house after a long doggie walk.

The dog I'll do a night or two before.