Conrad Murray found...

MollynDiesel

I find myself saddened by this verdict...I haven't followed the case very closely admittedly...

However its results such as these that make me wonder just how desperate we are to actually have someone to blame for everything that goes wrong in the world. Yes the doctor prescribed the medication/gave it to the patient. No...the patient didn't have to take it. While ethically the doctor ought to discuss possible side effects and drug interactions with the patient...ummm isn't it the patients responsibility to look into this before actually taking them?

If bob the tomato gives me something and I don't know what it is...if I don't think to ask bob the tomato what I should be wary of...I can still choose to not take it...or *gasp* find out what it might do to me physically before I put it into MY body. How do you find out? Google...call a pharmacist...ask your doc for a side effects sheet. I refuse to believe that in this day and age...and in this case with the individual who passed on...that it was impossible to find out this information rather easily. I mean there are exceptions to this...children...the mentally ill...but in those instances there's a balancing test and a guardian whose responsible for finding out that information.

Yes people are sad that Michael Jackson isn't with us anymore...yes he was important to some people...but in all reality he is to me some distant person whose actions didn't affect the day to day or long term functioning of myself, my family, or anyone that I personally know. I'm sorry for the loss that those who loved him and knew him suffered...but this isn't going to bring him back and apart from having someone to blame, I don't really see this changing much for them.