Storm has been booked in . . . .

PolarStorm

For her Spaying op on the 25th of November :(

I'm obviously worried, I know its a routine op and that everything should be fine but shes my baby and I still worry :(

Anyone else had experience of having their female spayed? what was she like afterwards and did everything go ok?

I've had both mine spayed and everything went fine. They were obviously sleepy afterwards and ok the next day. They told me to try to keep them calm and no jumping which was interesting. They still played a little and did no damage to their stitches. I know it's a worry but try not to too much, she will be fine :)

I'm obviously worried, I know its a routine op and that everything should be fine but shes my baby and I still worry :(

Anyone else had experience of having their female spayed? what was she like afterwards and did everything go ok?

We had both our bitches spayed this year.Sass was spayed in May,and it went well.She was pretty much up and about the next day.The biggest problem with her was having to keep her on a lead for exercise for the next 2 weeks.After a couple of days she was bouncing off the walls!!.We couldn't let her play outside with the others either,so that was tricky. Apart from that,it was fine,and she had her stitches out and recovered very quickly.

Mystie,our other bitch was spayed one month later,but there were problems.She didn't go down for surgery until late afternoon,but had been left by us at the vets early in the morning.Just after surgery,the vet rang me,explaining that she had had exceptional blood loss during the op,but didn't know why.He thought she may have had lung worm but she didn't.We had to collect her after the surgery had closed,and she was very weak.She was in pain for 3 days following the surgery,and was off her food,and hardly moved.They rang me weeks later,asking why I hadn't collected her pain killers,but no one had given them to me at the time,so she suffered unnecessarily.She has now made a full recovery,and we have changed vets!!.Don't worry though,I'm sure Storm will be fine,I think we were just a bit unlucky(Or rather poor Mystie was!) :)

We had both our bitches spayed this year.Sass was spayed in May,and it went well.She was pretty much up and about the next day.The biggest problem with her was having to keep her on a lead for exercise for the next 2 weeks.After a couple of days she was bouncing off the walls!!.We couldn't let her play outside with the others either,so that was tricky to:confused:ther than that,it was fine,and she had her stitches out and recovered very quickly.

Mystie,our other bitch was spayed one month later,but there were problems.She didn't go down for surgery until late afternoon,but had been left by us at the vets early in the morning.Just after surgery,the vet rang me,explaining that she had had exceptional blood loss during the op,but didn't know why.He thought she may have had lung worm but she didn't.We had to collect her after the surgery had closed,and she was very weak.She was in pain for 3 days following the surgery,and was off her food,and hardly moved.They rang me weeks later,asking why I hadn't collected her pain killers,but no one had given them to me at the time,so she suffered unnecessarily.She has now made a full recovery,and we have changed vets!!.Don't worry though,I'm sure Storm will be fine,I think we were just a bit unlucky(Or rather poor Mystie was!) :)

Awwww, im glad that Mystie made a full recovery though. :) I trust our vet, he seems more interested in the welfare of the dog rather than the money, this evening I just popped in to book the op and asked about her ZRD lesions around her mouth and he gave her an injection but I didnt have any money on me and he said not to worry about it! The tricky thing like yourself would be to keep Storm calm as shes usually VERY energetic but im sure a gentle walk shouldnt be too much bother.

awww hugs - skyla hasnt been done yet but like u im really worried about it - im sure she will b fine

I'll keep you posted about her op and recovery afterwards Nix if you want? I'm sure both our girls will be fine though . .

Awwww, im glad that Mystie made a full recovery though. :) I trust our vet, he seems more interested in the welfare of the dog rather than the money, this evening I just popped in to book the op and asked about her ZRD lesions around her mouth and he gave her an injection but I didnt have any money on me and he said not to worry about it! The tricky thing like yourself would be to keep Storm calm as shes usually VERY energetic but im sure a gentle walk shouldnt be too much bother.

I'll keep you posted about her op and recovery afterwards Nix if you want? I'm sure both our girls will be fine though . .

Thank you.Believe me when I say it's hard to keep them calm.We often wondered,but now we know what Sass is like when she doesn't have her twice daily run.....crazyeeeeee!!!:rolleyes:

Yep - had my Skye done. She was such a drama queen when she got home:dramaqueen: She was our first furbaby - were so worried and she played on it.

Op was straight forward no complications and the next day she was back to her usual bright self. The difficulty was keeping her calm and settled until time for the stitches to come out. Of course you'll worry but you'll feel better once you've got her back home afterwards.....