Finally!

MollynDiesel

Diesels upset tummy problem has been solved!(Hopefully)

Ive tried: Burns minibites(Chicken-dry), James wellbeloved(Turkey-dry) and beta(Turkey-dry) and he has had the runs on all 3! :(

BUT after 3+months, i think ive finally found a food that doesnt upset his tummy!

He's now on Chappie tinned food!

Seems he NEEDS the wheat and all the stuff that ISNT in hypoallergenic food to firm his stools!

Stupid backward husky lol

YAY FOR CHAPPIE!:yahoo:

EDIT: Runny poop for 3+ months may not sound THAT bad, BUT when i wake up, go downstairs and find the kitchen floor covered in it and its gone under the washing machine etc, its NOT nice. Sorry to be graphic lol

Chappie is fab. My dad feeds it to their very fussy and sensitive whippet after trying every other food on the planet including the crazy expensive stuff from the vets. When he told the vet he was using chappie.....vet responded with 'ah yes, we used to give all the post op dogs chappie at vet college'. Tshk...vets...keeping the cheaper options to themselves!

Glad he's doing better. On a side note....Charlie does get a small bowl of kibble after his chappie just to help look after his teeth a bit.

Glad he's doing better. On a side note....Charlie does get a small bowl of kibble after his chappie just to help look after his teeth a bit.

Thanks. And i would love to give Diesel dry food anyway since its easier to store etc but im yet to find a dry food that actually agrees with him lol

hey. our friend who is a vet recommended chappie to us and it was great. stopped the runs.!!!

our we lad qilaq had the runs constantly. he was fine on a food for a week or 2 then he had the runs lol.

we now feed him raw and he loves it. his stools are so much firmer with raw .

it's coz chappie has nothing in it lol. plus it's cheap

Diesels upset tummy problem has been solved!(Hopefully)

Ive tried: Burns minibites(Chicken-dry), James wellbeloved(Turkey-dry) and beta(Turkey-dry) and he has had the runs on all 3! :(

BUT after 3+months, i think ive finally found a food that doesnt upset his tummy!

He's now on Chappie tinned food!

Seems he NEEDS the wheat and all the stuff that ISNT in hypoallergenic food to firm his stools!

Stupid backward husky lol

YAY FOR CHAPPIE!:yahoo:

EDIT: Runny poop for 3+ months may not sound THAT bad, BUT when i wake up, go downstairs and find the kitchen floor covered in it and its gone under the washing machine etc, its NOT nice. Sorry to be graphic lol

:wave1: Congratz....Been there, and so glad when finally u can shout "FINALLY"...:lolman: Raven finally found the right kibble when he is around 8 months old...it's TOTW pacific stream (salmon base). Be4 that it was constant soft poop-pudding poop, gas, stomach cramp, occasional vomiting...it's nightmare so i always have buskopan plus and promag ready for his tum. In Raven case i don't think it's just sensitive tum, i suspect minor ibs or ibd, goggle it and said, "have to find the right food", luckily we found it...:yahoo:Try proplan chicken, eukanuba lamb (did great for Raven's tum, firm poop but disaster for his skin cause he scratch and gnaw his paw excessively), TOTW wetland, TOTW high Prarie and all of them... not working.

I think Raven allergic to any poultry (chicken, turkey, duck), Lamb ok for his tum but make him scratch, and his tum cannot "digest" kibble with high protein and fat (i think the protein must around 28% or lower and fat around 18% or lower). Ok, :offtopic:...:P but congratz u finally found the right food for Diesel...:)

:wave1: Congratz....Been there, and so glad when finally u can shout "FINALLY"...:lolman: Raven finally found the right kibble when he is around 8 months old...it's TOTW pacific stream (salmon base). Be4 that it was constant soft poop-pudding poop, gas, stomach cramp, occasional vomiting...it's nightmare so i always have buskopan plus and promag ready for his tum. In Raven case i don't think it's just sensitive tum, i suspect minor ibs or ibd, goggle it and said, "have to find the right food", luckily we found it...:yahoo:Try proplan chicken, eukanuba lamb (did great for Raven's tum, firm poop but disaster for his skin cause he scratch and gnaw his paw excessively), TOTW wetland, TOTW high Prarie and all of them... not working.

I think Raven allergic to any poultry (chicken, turkey, duck), Lamb ok for his tum but make him scratch, and his tum cannot "digest" kibble with high protein and fat (i think the protein must around 28% or lower and fat around 18% or lower). Ok, :offtopic:...:P but congratz u finally found the right food for Diesel...:)

Haha just about managed to read all of that with the distracting smilies lol

I think Diesel just likes to make life incredibly difficult for me haha

But thanks :)

I had Bo on a really expensive vet formula dog food and he still got the runs. Changed him to Chappie no probs. I feed him either of the two dry formulas (Pets@home) as well as mix feed him Chappie wet with the dry. Depending on how much exercise he is doing it varies from 1.5 to 2 cups per day split over two feeds. Any more than this and he will get an upset tum. At weekends I supplement him with treat of some raw chicken wings or thighs which he loves.

Sounds good :) I think I might try chappie, every other poo is watery with Lucas and it's embarrassing when your dog looks like he is doing a poo but there is nothing to pick up but runny stuff!!!!! Do you pretend so it looks like your are picking up poo??? lol

Sounds good :) I think I might try chappie, every other poo is watery with Lucas and it's embarrassing when your dog looks like he is doing a poo but there is nothing to pick up but runny stuff!!!!! Do you pretend so it looks like your are picking up poo??? lol

Exactly! I hated walking D because it was SO embarrassing! lol

I kinda try and 'pick' up whatever i can but its so much better now :)