Should Alaska be Spayed?

Ice and Cripton

Thanks a lot Mick! I was going to spay Alaska bang on 2 years old but now she is 3 years if she's not having a litter i should hurry it up! I hope her body is craving to have a litter, i feel as though i should have dont it when she was 2 years ..... also she is ue to come on dec/jan time, should i wait until after this season or get in there? Thanks :)

Apparently it is a lot easier to do the operation between seasons, so if your girl has a six month cycle, the best time is three months after her season.

Mick

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol yep ive had that one, she has this green rubber ball that squeeks, when she has it it, she whines everytime it squeeks and holds it sooo gently - never chews it and puts it in her bed next to her tummy - she was 5 months!! But we hide this toy in a box somewhere not nice for her to think this is a dying puppy!!! Thanks again, golden advice!

I don't know that they think of it as a dying puppy - new pups don't do a whole lot except nurse and squeak!

Thanks a lot Mick! I was going to spay Alaska bang on 2 years old but now she is 3 years if she's not having a litter i should hurry it up! I hope her body is craving to have a litter, i feel as though i should have dont it when she was 2 years ..... also she is ue to come on dec/jan time, should i wait until after this season or get in there? Thanks :)

It would probably be a bit better to wait until around 3 months after she's been in, just in case she's closer to coming in than you think. Probably not terribly dangerous to do it now, just a little more certain that her uterus will be small a couple of months after she's done with her season...

I don't know that they think of it as a dying puppy - new pups don't do a whole lot except nurse and squeak!

It would probably be a bit better to wait until around 3 months after she's been in, just in case she's closer to coming in than you think. Probably not terribly dangerous to do it now, just a little more certain that her uterus will be small a couple of months after she's done with her season...

Thanks again, youve been a HUGE help lol, I think i will wait just incase as you said she is closer than we think. Oh the reason i thought Alaska thought this ball was a sick of dying puppy is because everytime it squeaked she whinned and actedd strangely .... hmmm ;)

Thanks again, youve been a HUGE help lol, I think i will wait just incase as you said she is closer than we think. Oh the reason i thought Alaska thought this ball was a sick of dying puppy is because everytime it squeaked she whinned and actedd strangely .... hmmm ;)

My girls have done that, as well! I always thought it was just because it didn't react - until prodded again! Hard to say what, exactly, goes through those furry little skulls sometimes!