My Foster Mishka Full Sibe or Husky x White GSD?

Storm Angel n Auroras Mum

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The trouble is Huskies come in sooooooo many shapes, sizes and colours that it's hard to tell.

For example.

Three shining members of our forum

All Pure Sibes

All completely different.

Big D (and Myshka) - owner of Val

post-143-0-53740800-1367076108_thumb.jpg

Daughtry - Owner of Andy and Kells

post-143-0-09203000-1367076120_thumb.jpg.jpg]

Vlad - owner of. . .erm Vlad

193379_1849027499005_1040222275_2191143_3162926_o-jpg.20248

All pure all different.

post-1354-1358600152023_thumb.jpg

post-1354-13586001521005_thumb.jpg

With such a huge variation in the breed it's hard to say without testing but I'd be a bit surprised if she wasn't at least a little mixed with GSD her coat just doesn't look sibe in the pictures and what little I can see of her tail in one pic looks a LOT like Diesel who is a GSDxSibe.

Ok guys - you got my attention.

I wouldn't consider myself an expert, but I've had loads of white GSDs come to stay in foster with me and when I took on my first foster Husky I did a lot of research into the difference betweens Siberian Huskies and Malamutes.

In this case the eyes tell me Husky but the ears are definitely GSD. But to confuse the issue, I've noticed that huskies grow into their ears: when they're young the ears are tall, but then the face and ears widen and they end up with their distinctive shape. So if this dog is young it could be pure Sibe. If it's older than, say, a year then it's likely to be Husky X GSD.

Ok guys - you got my attention.

I wouldn't consider myself an expert, but I've had loads of white GSDs come to stay in foster with me and when I took on my first foster Husky I did a lot of research into the difference betweens Siberian Huskies and Malamutes.

In this case the eyes tell me Husky but the ears are definitely GSD. But to confuse the issue, I've noticed that huskies grow into their ears: when they're young the ears are tall, but then the face and ears widen and they end up with their distinctive shape. So if this dog is young it could be pure Sibe. If it's older than, say, a year then it's likely to be Husky X GSD.

lou said shes about a year old